replacement seat covers/Insurance Needs

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Baker2

Reaction score
I have just bought my first Nitro, a 96' 170DC Rick Clunn Edition and love it already. One of the original folding seats was left in a barn and is in pretty rough shape. Can I get Nitro replacement covers from Tracker? If not, can I get them elsewhere or do I have to buy aftermarket ones? What can I expect to pay? I'm also needing a driver side windshield that is cracked. Any good ideas of where I can get one that is reasonably priced?

I am needing to insure my boat and don't really know exactly what I need. It's easy to do overkill in this area, but I don't want any surprises if I need to file a claim. Any advice here will help. Thanks and glad to be a member and a Nitro owner.

Congrats on the new boat. I have a 94 170dc and I really enjoy it. What engine do you have on yours? Mine has the 90 merc and gets around 46mph with two guys, full fuel and gear. If you have a 115 I would love to know the gps speed you are getting. I think I may upgrade to a 115 in the future. Google Custom Mold and Tint for the windshield. You can send your old one or send a template for them to copy. Not sure on the insurance. I have 6000 total coverage on my 94 170dc. They said I had to declare value to each item boat, motor and trailer. There are some knowledgable guys on here and I'm sure they will have more info on the insurance question than me. Enjoy the boat, it is a great one as far as I'm concerned. For the seats, I doubt you will get replacement covers for such an old model. I would check a local upholstery shop and consider just getting it recovered. Might also check out www.boatseats.com on prices of new seats.

Chris D:D

What Chris D said. I would also recommend boatseats.com. They make many of the OEM models and you can get one that matches style-wise.

On insurance, make sure you have plenty to cover liability. Replacement versus value of boat is up to you. With the "replacement", you get enough bucks to buy a replacement boat. With value you only get what your boat was worth. Liability is more important in that if you are ever in an accident that is your fault (or even contested), you'll want to be covered against the other party suing. Used to be that folks didn't go after your personal assets (usually not worth the trouble to try to take your house). That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Ditto boatseats.com recommendation. On insurance, I've never heard a complaint about too much insurance coverage after an accident/claim. ;)

On the insurance, if you are going to do any type of tournament fishing (even local club, federation, etc), be sure to check that the liability that you have will satisfy any tournament requiement.

When I fished the SC Federation trail a few years ago, you had to have the actual policy with you to satisfy the liability req's, etc.

I have mine with State Farm, and it works pretty well for me. No claims though.

Another point, is whether or not the insurance covers your tackle. Most times, it doesn't but your homeowners might. Just a point to check on.

Tex

thanks guys for the info. I have a 90 horse on mine as well and it runs loaded with 2 at about 42 to 45. I'm still playing with the trim to find the sweet spot.

Insurance: My homeowners will cover tackle/rods, etc.

I recently switched to Bob Luellen at Worldwide Marine Underwriters. Very knowledgable about boat insurance. His number is 800-339-1235. He saved me about $70/yr. :D

+1 on Bob Leullen. I highly recommend you at least taking with Bob. He will give you all the "ins and outs" and make you aware of the sneaky things that insurance companies say you have coverage for but ain't worth a darn.

Bob custom builds policy for your needs and puts the stuff in there that you might actually need. Bob saved me a $100/YR.

I also have a 96 170dc RCE. It has a 115HP Merc and 26p prop. GPS speed with two guys, full fuel, and gear is 50 mph at 5200 rpm. I have enjoyed it for four years now. Congrats on the boat.

Latest posts

Back