Remote drain plug

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idriller

Reaction score
Anyone install a remote drain plug on their Z19? If so which one? Thinking bout putting one on my 2020 Z19.
thanks
Chris

I installed this one: Bass Boat Solutions Flow-Rite Remote Drain Plug System - Tackle Warehouse

Was an easy install. I put the control switch next to my charger plug in. I started to put it in the bulkhead above the splash well, but found out it is a double wall thickness, too thick for the control to work. See the little black plug in the picture that I used to plug the hole I drilled. The surface where I put the switch is not perfectly flat, so I made a thick rubber gasket to seal it. I used the 6' cable. It works great. I have seen other use a longer cable and put the control up next to the driver, in front of the shift lever.

Remote Drain Plug.jpg

Great job there Pat. I'm going to get me one! Same location for me as well.
Update- Amazon has a few of these exact units in damaged packages for $57. I just ordered me one.
Thanks for the tip Pat!

Mine is self installed now. My switch leaver is facing me when I'm standing at the back of the boat mounted through the forward part of the splashwell. Works great with no binding anywhere. That section is flat at the top so it was an easy and safe place to drill through with the 1 3/4" hole saw. was able to pull the cable from the outside back into and up through the drain plug hole using one of those flexible shaft grip retriver tools.

Sorry to bring this up again but i thought i saved it> I would like to know about the water in the live well filling up to the outside water level. If anyone woule care to share that information again. Thanks!

Got mine installed yesterday. Wound up installing mine like Pat’s after looking at all the wiring around the shift lever. Didn’t want to chance damaging something when drilling the hole for the control. Very easy upgrade.

https://www.nitroowners.com/threads/what’s-this-lever-for.85049/
Robert, is this what you are looking for?

As for the remote drain plug, I installed one (not the same one you installed), and after a couple of trips, it would not seal when closed. Decided it wasn't worth running the bilge pump every 20-30 minutes. I doubt I will try another.
Had same problem. Had to hand seat plug before going out. Finally the cable broke guess from trying to seat it by force and that really presented a problem during a tournament. Luckily the bilge pump was able to keep up till we got out of water. Plug backed out half way.. Won't try that again!

Latest posts

Back