Relaxing weekend....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, I didn't TOUCH that dang old house this weekend other than to sort through boxes and find my hunting gear. My guide season has been incredibly slow this year both fishing and hunting. Had my first clients yesterday. Guys that come up every year to hunt with me (actually I think they come to hunt with Zeke, I'm just the excess baggage! LOL) but it was 30 degrees in the mountains Saturday morning and I NEED to get that stoopit heater core fixed NOW! LOL Anyway, we had to call it a day early at 3:30 due to heavy rain which scent washes the birds and they won't fly as readily, plus hunters are miserable. But we managed 20 flushes and eash guy got a grouse. Zeke was awesome as usual.

I pulled into my yard to see my mom's Honda, Grandpa's Ford, and a new Chevy Avalanche with VT plates. I knew Buzz was coming over, but that ain't his truck...is it? Maybe a rental I thought. Nope, he got himself a nice truck. Hope he doesn't mind me sayin it. Now ya'all know I'm not a GM fan anymore, and I especially don't like the looks of the Ave, but this truck is plush! And those heated seats, man, when you're soaked and cold, they're NICE! Leather (atta boy Buzz) and all the toys. Can't believe how nice it rides. And he says it's better on gas than his Dodge was. Gonna have to talk him into towing to MN for me! LOL

Buzz came over to hunt Sunday for deer. We went, and it was cold! I kicked up 3 deer I suspect were does because I saw them later in the afternoon too. Buzz turned around from talking to me on the 2-way having said, "It's still early yet." and there were 5 right in front of him that bolted. I then saw those 3 does grazing in a clover pasture last night. That's more deer than I saw the last 2 seasons combined. Can't wait to get to Jim's and bag that 8 pointer we saw last year. And of COURSE with my rifle in hand I had 4 beautiful grouse flushes and had 2 males in a drumming contest right behind me at one watch. A nice relaxing weekend for a change. Hope everyone else had a good one. Only way it would have been better was if we were with Mac and Marke, the crappie kings....oh yeah, and Mini too! LOL

Never saw a deer in the woods this weekend. Couted 30+ partridges though. I've got an area you got's to see. 4440 acres state land and a lot of birds. Usually big deer but no body pushing them around this weekend. All you have to do is walk the miles of logging trails and let the dog run.

Latest posts

Back