Question about Warning System

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
I have a 2000 200hp EFI Merc (#OT149061) and I'm not sure the warning system works on it. When I turn my key on there is just a very quiet, very short beep, and that is all. Should this be this way? I thought someone told me one time it should run thru a self test and beep a couple times to tell me it is working. How are they supposed to work? I'm new tho this boat so any help would be great! Thanks!:)

That initial short beep is normal...it's an audio signal to let other people on bd. know the ignition is activated.

A series of short beeps...10-15 secs apart is "low oil" (you "should" have enough left in your under-cowl reservoir to get back to the ramp) and a long continous beeeeeeeeep is overheat!! Shut your motor off immediately!

I'm positive that the quiet short beep you're hearing is the ignition tone...100% Normal!

Mac ... just how big is your boat that folks on board can't see you sit down behind the wheel to turn the key ... :D

Marty,....It's not my idea,....but you KNOW some idiot somewhere sued a motor mfgr (pre-warning "chirp") because they "had no warning" that the motor was about to start!!

Kinda like the last 5gal jug of house paint I bought that had "not for human consumption" on it....since it was labeled "mocha"

as Ron White says,...."You CAN'T fix STUPID"...

(but you CAN win a lawsuit and force company's to state the freakin' obvious, for those who have been short changed in the common sense dept.!!)

Carry on,..............listen for the beep!! ;)

If your boat has a crack in it, it shorts out the beep.....:blink: LOL...just bustin' ya Buddy....:rolleyes:

My warning system is a bit more physical!!!! It's my darling wife slapping me on the back of the head telling me she has sat down yet!!! ::wacko:lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back