Prop size for 2018 Mercury 115/ 4 stroke - EXPLT ? Looking for a little more speed....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorwedge33

Reaction score
Looking to get more top end speed out of motor , currently on boat a Black Max 13.25 x 17 prop on a 2019 Tracker 175 Combo Pro Guide / Mercury 115 hp 4 stroke EXPLT

The Mercury website does have a prop selector tool that you can use. You'll need to know the weight of your boat with it's load added. https://www.mercurymarine.com/us/en/propellers/mercury-propeller-selector
From what I see is that the prop has a much smaller pitch that it could take. What is the WOT rpm? As long as you stay within the engine's normal operating range you can get a bigger pitch prop. The best way to find the right prop is a dealership that will let you try out a prop on the water. A good way to select one would be a prop that will be at the mid-range of the normal operating range, for example if the engine has a normal O R of 4700-5200 rpm look for one that would make your wide open throttle rpm at about 4950 rpm. That would allow for a good top end and enough torque for your hole shot.

I´m running a 19 pitch on my Optimax 115 on a Pro Guide V175 and get about 5200rpm but only get 40mph. I was hoping for 43. I´m not sure what the red line is on my motor

I´d be curious as to what you are getting top end now. Btw, my hole shot is great. So no issues there, even with a full load on board.

The Mercury website does have a prop selector tool that you can use. You'll need to know the weight of your boat with it's load added. https://www.mercurymarine.com/us/en/propellers/mercury-propeller-selector
From what I see is that the prop has a much smaller pitch that it could take. What is the WOT rpm? As long as you stay within the engine's normal operating range you can get a bigger pitch prop. The best way to find the right prop is a dealership that will let you try out a prop on the water. A good way to select one would be a prop that will be at the mid-range of the normal operating range, for example if the engine has a normal O R of 4700-5200 rpm look for one that would make your wide open throttle rpm at about 4950 rpm. That would allow for a good top end and enough torque for your hole shot.
That prop selector came up with the Vengeance 13¨ diameter 18 pitch for me, for top speed and overall performance. I wonder how many mph it would get me? 2? 3?

That prop selector came up with the Vengeance 13¨ diameter 18 pitch for me, for top speed and overall performance. I wonder how many mph it would get me? 2? 3?
Not sure how to reply , we are still under ice / snow so it will be a little while before boat gets out on the water .
I have read everybody is all keen on the Mercury X7 Spitfire more mph , hole shot and overall performance. Was wondering what exact prop pitch and diameter it is

Not sure how to reply , we are still under ice / snow so it will be a little while before boat gets out on the water .
I have read everybody is all keen on the Mercury X7 Spitfire more mph , hole shot and overall performance. Was wondering what exact prop pitch and diameter it is
Also it's a 4 blade prop

I´m running a 19 pitch on my Optimax 115 on a Pro Guide V175 and get about 5200rpm but only get 40mph. I was hoping for 43. I´m not sure what the red line is on my motor

I´d be curious as to what you are getting top end now. Btw, my hole shot is great. So no issues there, even with a full load on board.
Your operating range is 5200-5750, you are running at the low end which means your 19 inch is as high a pitch you can use.

The size of your prop should be engraved on it.

So finally today got boat out on the water, top speed 38 mph gps with full tank and 2 people / max rpms trimmed out 5750 .
Any suggestions to get more speed or is that it ?

2019 tracker pro guide v175 with a 115 four stroke
You should have more speed than 38gps.
Sounds like way too much prop slip.
My Nitro 640LX has a tweaked 75hp optimax. Has no problem spinning a 22pitch laser II TO 5700 RPM 50MPH GPS with good holeshot.
I know my hull is different but you are loosing speed somewhere.

Latest posts

Back