Prop ring

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Johansen

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1993 Evinrude 150 with a Shooter 27 pitch 4 blade SS prop. Recently when a friend tracked down a few props to try on his boat I decided to try a couple myself since they were interchangeable.

He also gave me a little black plastic ring that fits in the opening on the lower leg BEFORE the prop goes on. It acts like a little funnel to keep the exhaust gasses going through the prop and not around the hub. It seemed to make a big difference on the hole-shot, even though I did prop down pitch-wise.

Where can I get one of these rings from? I tried my dealer and he had one in stock so I bought it, but when I got it home it didn't fit my motor as the O.D. was too big.

Any ideas?

Thanks, in advance!

Steve

I'd just ask your dealer, who supplies him. It's likely that his source could send him the correct size.

That plastic ring is usually part of the system to seal a small hub prop so the exhaust goes through the prop instead of over it. The prop would have a "blow ring" attached to complete the seal.

Latest posts

Back