prop chart

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott klaverkamp

Reaction score
Getting a few things ready for next year. Wondering if anyone knows if there is a chart of some kind that shows which props will fit a 200 opti. I'm trying to buy a spare, just in case, prop. There are many on ebay, but a lot of the sellers don't know what motors they will fit properly. Many are not retunable. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.mercurymarine.com/propellers/prop-selector/#

A lot depends on the boat. I know several guys on BBC who run 25p Fury's on their Z7's with a 200 opti. I am not sure what comes stock, but I imagine a 25p Tempest Plus is a good prop. There are also a lot of props for sale on BBC.

On my 175 I run a stock 24p Tempest Plus and also have a 24p Trophy Plus. The Trophy I have to run deeper than the Tempest, but both give me good performance. Hole shot is better on the Trophy, but overall I like the Tempest.

yeah, it is not really about what will fit on the motor, it is more about what to get that will run good on your boat. a 200 on a Z8 will probably need a different prop that the same motor on a z7 in order to perform better. My Z7 with a 200 came stock with a 26p Tempest. That motor on a heavier hull would need a 25 or even 24p prop.

Sorry, should have mentioned that the boat is a Z8 and has a fury 24p on it now.

Latest posts

Back