parking lot smallies

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
Had a great day of fishing at Yough reservoir on sunday.

The ramp where I usually launch (free) was closed down.When I crossed the bridge I saw why.The lake was about ten feet above normal..

The day started ok,throwing tubes around flooded willows and docks.After the crowds came out I went to the long cove where the ramp was closed and the whole parking lot was under three feet of water.

Caught bass of of the signs,guide rails,shrubs,jersey barriers,and everything else in the parking lot.After it was over I had about a half dozen tubes laying in the boat,chewed up beyond repair.

It was pretty neat,looking down and seeing all the yellow lines under the boat where I was fishing.Got some strange looks from other fishermen that were fishing around the lot,but I was the only one that went into it.Even had a pontoon boat cruise by,laughing at me and taking my picture.

Usually I struggle on this lake because its a deep clear lake with alot of structure,but not much cover.With it being flooded it fell right into my style of fishing.

Had my best day yet, and even towed an old pontoon boat that was broke down.Those things are tough to get turned when towing.LOL

Glad you had fun,on Lake Kerr in April the water was so high we were fishing decks not docks. My first time there I did not do as well in the high water but there is something to be said about fishing the top side of a bridge?? Like Jeff Foxworthy might say..You know the lakes high when you can only see the tops of the speed limit signs..

BF

A few years ago I caught some nice LM at Ft. Gibson Lake in Okla. by working the picnic tables and barbque grills with a spinnerbait.

Harpo

I have witnessed a spinnerbait pattern on mailboxes before....

Mini

Latest posts

Back