Opinion on 896 Savage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
Have a couple 98 896 Savages between 10K and 13K. both are nice boats, Question is, How are these Hulls? I know during the mid 90's Nitro hulls struggled, would a 98 Savage be included? Comments and thoughts please. Both boat have same motor 200 efi. both dual consoles also. thanks guys

DC

My first boat was a 1997 896 Savage with Merc 200 EFI and I loved the boat and would still own it if I hadn't had 4 kids in college at the same time. Sold it to a friend and he still owns it and loves it, he says it seems to get faster every year. It was a nice ride also, I think it was one of there better hulls built. Mac should chime in also as he owned one.

Buzz

My first State Team boat was a 98 Savage 896.....loved it!! It ran like a scalded dog!! Had a 200EFI on it. I never had any problems with it. ;)

I just got a 1997 912 Savage with 200 Merc a couple of months ago. So far, I am very pleased with the boat. I don't have much history with it yet, but have had it out a dozen times or so this year and everything seems to be tight.

Another guy at work has a 1996 896 and loves it. He's had it 4 years and no problems. I considered buying this boat from him at the same time I got the 97.

I had a '98 896 with a 200 efi for 7 years and loved it. It would run 67 with 2 guys and a tourney load.

The "Ram Tech Hulls" are the best. I have had my 1997 884 for 10 years and its been a real joy and worth every penny. Fast and stable. You cant go wrong with that Hull!!

Max <><

I have a 96 896 with a 175efi runs 62 use a Lake of the Ozarks only takes the rough water great, no complaints. stays tight

I had a '96 896 from 2000 - 2003 and loved it all 3 years. I wouldn't hesitate.

Latest posts

Back