One More Chance..

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
to get the pictures posted that I wanted to.

Ok, not to start a "what's the better truck" fight, but this is what I got. I got a deal just too good to pass up. I grew up a Chevy(car) man but working on different farms when I was younger I was always told by the old timers having a Chevy car was ok but when I bought a truck it should be a Ford, period.. I never in my life thought I'd be buying anything who's name ended in a vowel but I did and I'm glad.

It rides and drives & handles like a real nice car and I'm very pleased with it so far. One day a couple of weeks ago I left Physical Therapy and couldn't push the clutch in on my Ford F-150. I had to sit there for almost an hour before trying again.

This one has a great cap on it and the bed is fully carpeted with something called a "BedRug". There's also a bladder between the truck cab and the Cap so if you wanted you could take out the rear window all together. The dogs are going to be really happy.

I haven't pulled the boat with it yet but I can't imagine there would be any problem with it.

So there, I finally got the pictures through and I now have a vehicle I don't have to shift.:huh:

Uncle Billy

47b7d739b3127ccebcc6b3d5dc8f00000026102AZNnLRk5csa

47b7d739b3127ccebcc6b3d45dbe00000026102AZNnLRk5csa

47b7d739b3127ccebcc6b3685d0200000036102AZNnLRk5csa

47b7d739b3127ccebcc6b38c5de600000026102AZNnLRk5csa

47b7d739b3127ccebcc6b375dc2f00000026102AZNnLRk5csa

47b7d739b3127ccebcc6b38bdcd100000026102AZNnLRk5csa

Very nice, Bill. I'm jealous...I've got new truck fever so bad I'm on fire.

Mac, Mini...you guys be nice.;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Uncle Billy, That's one fine looking truck. I love the cap.

It will pull your boat just fine. One of my closest friends used to fish BFL's and Everstarts. He pulled his Skeeter all over the eastern US with a Tundra. He did what I did and quit tournament fishing, but he still has the Tundra and it's doing great. Other than P/M, he's never done a thing to it.

You'll love it,

Steve

PS, tell the dogs that I said congratulations to them as well.

Very nice... Uncle Billy. Now you need a new boat to pull behind it. :lol:

Bubby:)

WOW Bill, SWEET and HUGE truck dude!!! Now if it was red i'd tell ya to take good care and deliver it to me next summer!!

Enjoy it!!

Nice truck Uncle Billy! Ought to do just fine hauling and the dogs will be happy to boot!

Nice looking. I've always thought that type of 'cap' looked very good. Any idea (as yet) on how hard it would be to remove it, if needed for some 'open bed' hauling? Carpet is nice, but not sure I'd want to go that way - but likely fit's your needs well.

Tex

Very nice truck, sir.

Trep: Always on the scrounge-:D. Continue to beware of spys over there. The Chinese are totally committed to defeating us technologically and financially by going through the soft underbelly of America-tourists and visiting businessmen.

One thing I've learned never insult a guys boat, truck, or wife in that order. Nice deal.

fatrap

Bill nice truck. I am sure it will pull the boat nicely.

Like the carpeted bed as I am sure the dogs will too!

Nice truck Bill. Nothing wrong with any car/truck you buy. It's your hard earned money, spend it on whatever you feel gives you the best value for it.

Steve

Nice looking. I've always thought that type of 'cap' looked very good. Any idea (as yet) on how hard it would be to remove it, if needed for some 'open bed' hauling? Carpet is nice, but not sure I'd want to go that way - but likely fit's your needs well.

Hey Texas.. I don't think it will hard at all. It doesn't seem to be very heavy and only four clamps hold it on. I don't know about how the bladder st attached but will bet it's a velcro or something like velcro. I had my F-150 for 13 years and probably used it no more than 10 times to haul something. I'm surrounded by pick-ups where I am so I guess I'll just have to borrow someone's.:rolleyes:

As for hauling the dogs around, I think it's perfect except for my oldest female who always wants to be right nest to me and I don't think I'm going to let her do it in this new truck. She'll have to be satisfied with looking through the rear truck window.

I think it will fit my needs ok? It's got extra seating if I have to take someone else somewhere and a lot of room in the back. It's just like a big SUV to me.

Uncle Billy

Nice ride! :) . I had an inflatable "bladder" years ago between a truck cab and the cap. Dang thing finally dryrotted (exposure to sun on the top of it). Check it out and see how it looks if you can see it from the exterior of cab/cap.

Nice ride! . I had an inflatable "bladder" years ago between a truck cab and the cap. Dang thing finally dryrotted (exposure to sun on the top of it). Check it out and see how it looks if you can see it from the exterior of cab/cap.

This thing isn't inflatable Greg and you can see about 3/4" of the rubber or whatever it is from the top looking down and also from each side. I was told it was treated something or other and I have the paperwork that guarentees it for five years from the Cap mfg. and five more from the Toyota Dealer after they treated it. So we'll see I guess.:unsure: Thanks for the heads up!

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back