Now, which charger to get?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Brumbaugh

Reaction score
I've decided on a 2 bank charger - one bank for the cranking battery and one for the trolling battery.

Now comes the next steps - deciding on the amps and manufacturer. From the research I've done so far it looks like Guest and Dual Pro are the top two brands to go with. From my limited reading here it seems that Guest has the majority of the votes on this forum.

I'll be a "weekend" boater with usually only one weekend day on the water. So, with that in mind I'm thinking that I can get away with the lower of the amp (i.e. 5/5 or 6/6) chargers. Am I right?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ranger413

Call Sue @ GUEST and let her tell you what you need. Because you have limited use of your boat, you want a BETTER charger that can do the 3 stage charging and with the maintenance mode so your batts. are fresh when you need them. You can't afford to get a cheap charger.

TOXIC

I upgraded the single bank charger in my PT185 to a dual bank charger. I now use the Guest 2611 and it will charge my trolling motor battery overnight with no problems. Of course when you are not using the boat it keeps the batteries topped off so I am always ready to go. The 2611 is a 10 amp (5/5) charger. I have been very pleased with it for over a year.

Hope this helps.

LT

I've had my 2611 Guest for 4.5 years, not a problem and I fish less then you do!!

Go for the Guest!

If I remember correctly - and since I'm still older than TOX even though today is his birthday, I have an excuse if my memory isn't correct - the 2611 does have the 3-stage circuitry.

Agree with Tox,

Sue can help you out to figure out what is the best for your application. She helped me figure out my needs with my requirement too.

Carlos

Guest 2611 in my boat going on 4 years problem free.

Call Sue D. and tell her the crew from NTOWS sent you.

Latest posts

Back