Not a great start

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well my only fear came true yesterday. On Friday afternoon I still had several bedded fish in my "secret bass garden" that is a 30 minute idle up a river to a back water. When I got there yesterday morning, all but 1 were gone! Damn!

So I went to my back up fish out on the lake. God kept the wind at bay just long enough for me to get the fish I needed and then it started getting ugly.

I headed back towards weigh in early and fished across the bay for the last 3 hrs. Good thing too because the lake reared her ugly head and it got nasty. I culled a few times and my co limited out.

I ended up with only 13.85 lbs and finished 10th. Now on Lake Champlain, that weight shouldn't be anywhere near 10th but there were only 41 boats and the weather did play a HUGE role.

I should do much better this coming weekend in the BFL. I only hope that:

1) the lake clarity improves dramatically

2) I get at least a few days of calm, clear, sunny weather to mark fish

3) on tourney day it stays nice enough for me to get there and fish!

Rob,

Sorry to hear that your fish disappeared. I was fishing with the club out of Westport.

Has 12lbs in 30 minutes... 7 hours later.. I still had 12 pounds.. lol..

Holy Cow.. That wind did get nasty..

Luke

No beds on the VT side? Did you go south at all? The guy that won went to Ti and had 19 lbs of post spawn largies. I just don't dare to make that run in a 19 footer, especially in rough water.

Nah.. It was a club T.. Stayed within a few miles of the launch.. Water was too murky to bed fish.. No sense in burning another $100 gas to try to win $200.. I burned $50 just towing the rig there....

We live 30 min from South Bay and we end up driving 1hr 20 minutes to go to Westport.. WTF..

Latest posts

Back