No more 200hp for Z7!

• Thread starter Keith Todd [URL]http://www.nitro.com/build/?update
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it lists 150 as the max horsepower on the specs page. Hmmmm I consider myself a lucky one.

Bet thats exactly what they want us to do. Uprade to more expensive boat, just to get the more powerfull motor.

I see Z7's and Z9's out there on a fairly regular basis but I think I have only seen one Z8 on the water.

I'm with you Jimmy, not many 8's around. I would sure like one though. :)

glad I got mine last year then. I would love an 8, but it wont fit in the garage and I got an absolute KILLER deal on the 7 w/ a 200

Wow, that doesn't sound good. So basically buying a boat at BPS will be like buying a Dell laptop at Walmart! You get what they have and that is it. Anyone from Tracker tell us why they are taking this route instead of toward more customer service?

there will be salesman just not knowledgable ones cause anyone that knows anything walked out the door with the restructure cause they want us to sell boats for peanuts with no commision i was a salesman and won't accept it. the new policy is to saturate the sales floor with what amounts to a cashier in a tracker shirt so you better know what you want b4 you walk in the door cause the person your buying from probably isn't gonna be able to help.He in fact will most likely not care because he wont be invested.

Don't get me started! :angry:

They HAD my buisness BUT, never again...I can assure you of that.

Sad...sooo sad:(

Toxic State teams members are still in the mix. From what I can tell we only lost 1 experienced guy from our sales staff at my store. I did hear rumblings last year on the new pay structure, but I have also heard positive things from some of the sales people at my store. I am not a salesman and I do not know all the details. I think we will find its gonna be tough on all boat sales persons for any company.

I'll get the full story when I go work the Spring Classic in Hampton in February. There has not been a "Marine Manager" in that store for a while...like 2 years, the GM took on that role. Taking the boat sales guys off commission could be a good thing if sales are tanked and they are not making any money anyway. Commission sales, whether it be boats, cars, insurance, whatever, has never been my cup of tea. You have to be nice to people!!:lol: :p

TOXIC

The BPS Tracker departments are now a part of the Outdoor World retail structure instead of a seperate entity renting floorspace. That's the crux of it. There have been a few disgruntled employees through this (see above :lol: ), but not many. Some dept. mgrs. have changed, been let go, and been promoted during this reformation. The sales staff will no longer have an incentive to take the "path of least resistance" to garner a sale, now that comission sales have been eliminated. On that same note, the salesmen will know what their earnings are and that income will be stable instead of fluctuating on the ebb and tide of door traffic. Some sales folk do not and will not take a flat wage and such is the nature of sales, so there will be attrition. Taking that commissioned drive out of a sale will make it an easier, factual, purchase experience and puts no incentive to omit things or state things that may not be completely accurate. (Not that prior boat salesmen have been known to do that. :rolleyes: ) This will prove to be a benefit for the consumer, sales and service/rigging staff and the support staffs (State/National/Pro Staff). IMHO ;)

Post Script - I do not mean to reflect any ill of our new member, Joe Currier, but when three of the first four of his posts are a rage on his former employer, I can't help but be jaded on the claims professed. :blink:

I'm not going to take the time to painfully decipher your limited grasp of the English language. I am sure that your posted diatribe on the matter speaks volumes about the character of its' author. Do you really think your posts and statements made are doing anything but proving my point as the meanderings of a disgruntled employee? You're cracking me up! :lol::lol::lol::p:D

Joe,

With all due respect for your current situation I ask that you apologize to Dan for that tirade.

You are new here and we give everyone the benefit of the doubt AND we accept that people can and will make mistakes.

Now if you want to start over and try to make amends please do so immediately.

Dan J has been a valuable member of this board and is HIGHLY respected in the Marine, Boating and Fishing industries. He knows more people that have made decisions about your employment than you will ever know.

Your tirade is a bad choice, a bad forum to do it and certainly a bad person to choose to do it on. Besides your choice of words (and the spelling of them) certainly shows a side of you that should not be shown.

I personally have spoken to people at the retail level and corporate about what has happened and while it does stink that some people lost their jobs, there is no reason for you to say what you have said to a personal friend of mine (and a friend of the guy that SIGNED YOUR PAYCHECK). If you dont know who I am talking about you need to do some research on your former company and understand what the initials JLM stand for.

Companies reorganizing are a part of life now and I hate to see people lose jobs because of it. There are people at Tracker and Bass Pro Shops that feel that this is the best move for the respective companies at this point in time. You may not agree with it but it does not give you the right or an excuse to join such a nice tight knit group of people that pride themselves in being members of one of the best internet forums out there.

I will say it again, you owe that man an apology and it should come quick. I for one feel that there is no need for your negativity or personal attacks on one of the most respected and long time members here.

With that said we will give you another chance, I know you are distraught and it is to be expected after going through what you have. We wont hold a grudge if you do the right thing.

BTW you may recognize me, I worked your former stores Grand Opening and had seminars there. Please take my advice and do the proper things so we can all put this behind us.

If it works out the way it should, both Dan and I know enough people in the industry that I am sure we could help you in your job search. I know of one dealership local here that is trying to hire a knowledgeable sales staff and of you think I would recommend you for a position there after what I have read here you are as crazy as you seem!

Sincerely,

John "Mini" Maniaci

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff Member since 1998

Former Nitro State Team Member

Nitro/Tracker Owners Group Member since just about Day One.

dan,

if i personalized any of what was admittedly hastely written i apoligize.

the response was not meant as a personal attack.

the fact remains that i whole hartedly disagree with this course of action

my former employer has chosen.

as for john you are correct that my spelling and grammer went unchecked.

as for J.L.M.

i have trouble beleving he is active in this company any longer.

as the influence that has always been ever so present seems gone.

these are just my opinions as i stated in my response.

if dan took them as personal then i am sorry but having your company tell you

that they wish to cut your pay in half is more than personal don't you think?

as for bending down on one knee and recanting my opinions around this what i see as a very bad move that won't happen.

i dont dislike anyone on this board and have been a reader for years just not a poster.

all i've been trying to say is, walk in my shoes.have a great year make your company tons of cash and the next year be told we want you to work for half that amount.

realy "how would you feel"?

it's just my opinion but i dont think thats what JLM had in mind when he started the company.

to all who may have been offended please accept my appolgy as that was not my intent.

just to inform all the fellow tracker and nitro owners of the restructure and my opinion there of.

if you think it's a good thing then we respectfuly disagree.

mini,

i've been reading your posts for years and from what i've read i've found you to be a fair and honest person.

as for you or dan helping me in a job search please dont bother, i was a kind gesture

but working in the industry is not all it's cracked up to be.

you work crazy hours, you miss tons of tourneys because of shows, weekends you have to work.your boat is the last priority in your own shop for service and you cant complain.

you talk about boats and fishing every min of every day.

so when you get home you dont even want to look at your own boat, or pratice for a tourney you may have to miss anyway.

i'm done with the marine industry, maybee i'll get some 9-5 gig that gives me weekends off so i can reconnect with the guys in my club.

at any rate if your perception was that i was ripping into dan then i must have been too

agresive in making my point.

no and i mean no ill will was intended twords anyone on this board.

Geeez that was painful to read,.........."spell check" and common courtesy people!!! USE IT!!;)

carry on!

Joe,

Thanks for the clarification. It must be difficult to have to enter the job market again in these tough economic times. Are there any other boat dealers in your area that might be looking for someone as passionate about boats as you are? I say that because how you describe yourself is a perfect match for a commission job. It is that passion and dedication that can make you valuable to another dealer. Bass Pro has reorganized many areas on the retail side before and unfortunately, people do lose their jobs. They have opted to move away from commissioned boat sales and it is not a good fit for you, so be it. If you have monitored this board for any amount of time you would know that Dan is a respected tournament fisherman, past BPS employee and knows more about fishing and boats than I will ever be able to retain. By saying he is on crack did make it a personal jab. You have apologized and that is good. I am a pro-staffer as is Mac and Mini, there are state team members that post here as well as employees of stores. Ken Neeley was a Boat Manager also. Good luck in your job search and consider staying on the board as a resource yourself. There are a lot of people here with a lot of connections in the industry.

TOXIC

Joe,

I for one accept your explaination and I do know the feeling of being left out in the cold after a company take over, sale, managment change, etc. I do understand that things can become heated especially during difficult times.

I want Dan to chime in.

Dont give up on the Marine industry, you obviuosly have a passion for it. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

Mini

Joe - How could I take your comments personal?

you must be dilusional
(are you on crack)
are you for real?
please give me some of that crack your smoking.

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't sweat my opinion. (That's what the "IMHO" -In My Honest Opinion- in my original post refers.) After almost 11 years with the same company, initially running Tracker in ATL, I've been called much worse. Ask these guys. ;):D

And alas, my crack addiction has been exposed. :( These folk that have fished or eaten with me can now put their suspicions to rest. With my lanky build and wiry frame, it all makes sense to them now. Thank you for that intervention. I am now step one on my way to recovery! (Would you know if any of the rehabs have a buffet? :lol::lol::lol: )

Seriously, you are entitled to your opinion on any topic you choose. (Just as I and anyone else posting are entitled.) However, when you become a new member in a brand loyal website you may wish to refrain from making every post a slam on your previous employer selling that same brand. (Whether it be Tracker/Nitros, Frigidaires, Goodyear tires, etc...) Those type of posts generally give people the wrong idea and question any, if not all, validity in them. There are also ground rules to most websites, which the webmaster has so eloquently spelled out on the home page. ;)

That being said and done, I accept your apology and welcome you to our very strong and close-knit web family. Likes and dislikes abound here including many Tracker/Nitro issues, but we somehow remain to keep it civil. To do other than that usually results in a "Stern" warning. (Sorry Rich! Couldn't resist...it's the crack making me do it!!) :D

P.S. - Fellas, I have to say it's a real pleasure to call you men my friends and a comfort knowing the MVM is covering my six. Thank you. ;)

...just make damn sure you drive a CHEVY or GMC!!..BWWAHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!:wub:

J/K...........relax all your "other" jacknuts!!:wub:

dan,

you got me. it was a personal afront twords your views and for that i have given about all the sorries i'm gonna.

and mac i dive a FORD truck made here in the u.s.a. at least most of it. and i'm proud of it.

i've seen your fish pics on this site dan and i think your waisting away to nothing.

:rolleyes::lol:

so in the future when I disagree with you or you me we'll just smoke a littel crack

and we'll see things identicaly:lol:

but seriously thanks to all who put up with my rant.

I hope I can a contributer on this board in some positive way as aparently i've already done my littel negitive rain dance over all of you guys parade.

Joe,

Life happens. Spend more time helping and we all will benefit :)

Mini

PS sorry bout the FORD! LOL

Joe,..no problem with the Ford,...good truck!!...and my Silverado was built in Ft.Wayne, IN. Everyone on this board knows I work for GM..they bust my cahonies and I bust theirs too...it's what friends do! ;) Personally,..I don't care what people drive,...but I do get my undies in a bunch when they try and tell me that US built stuff is junk. Ford, GM and Chrysler COMBINED have not had the recalls that Yota has had over the past 3 years...the days of the Japanese Quality Supremecy are OVER!!

Carry on,......time for me to get to work....I have "Truck's of the Year, and Car of the Year" to build!!..:p:rolleyes::wub:

Latest posts

Back