nitro 640 lx ??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike meadows

Reaction score
hey friends. i am looking at possibly buying a 2002 nitro 640 lx, with a 50 horse engine. would like your advise, comments, likes, dislikes and opinions on this boat. my last boat was a 1988 tracker tx17 with a 40 horse mariner engine that i sold last spring. my first thought is that a 50 horse engine sounds small for a fiberglass boat. how fast would this boat probably run?? whats your opinion?? thanks.

I own a 08 640 with a 50 merc. love the boat,trailers nice,loads and unloads easy,will do 32mph loaded with gear two people and half tank fuel

I use to have a 640 with a 75. It would do in the low 40's and was a great boat. It was very stable and was fun to fish from. Since you were use to a smaller boat you already know the limitations. Chris F.

I have a 2005 640Lx which came with a 50HP Merc, i took it for a spin once with the 50 and it performed nice, smooth easy to drive. However no speed machine since that i traded the 50 for a 90HP Optimax and 22p Laser 2 prop with the engine mounted on the 2nd highest hole and she does 51mph with just me and half fuel. Cant wait till its tuned to 125hp :)

AUSNITRO

My dad just got a 640 lx with a 75 merc and he loves it .it runs 41 on gps and is a good design on the hull. I have a 170 dc nitro and there's very little diference in handling fun little boats!

I have a 98 640LX with a 90HP. This is my first boat and I love it. It pulls great behind my explorer and fits perfect in my gargage. Sense I have had it I have added two Humminbird units, side deck lights, keelshield and a AMFMCD playerspeakers. I have had it for three years and on GPS loaded average 46mph loaded and two people. I have hit 51 but that was empty. I wish some time i had a bigger boat but look in my library. I fised a spot at a falls and a much bigger boat would have not been able to do that and Trep that day got several nice fish from the spot.

You will enjoy the boat, congrats.

Dan

Hey Dan, can you take a picture of where you have our speakers and head unit mounted in your 640, i am about to purchase a Sonic Hub unit and was worried about where i was going to fior the speakers. Not real keen on cutting big holes in my boat. :(

AUSNITRO

AUSNITRO,

Havent forgot. need to get the camera from my daughter. I put the speekers in the front center space facing you as your sitting. The radio I turned it 90 deg. and cut out a section of the fiberglass just to the right of your leg when you siting in the drivwers seat. Worked out real well. will post later this week in my lib.

Dan

Latest posts

Back