new to the forum

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james goddard

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I,m new to this site.I purchased a 1997 pro 18 about 2 weeks ago. The boat has been sitting outside uncovered for about 2 yrs.So far I,ve been tryn to dry it out and figure out what everything is and how and if it works.Got the motor running today,new gas ,new fuel filter,new battery,started right up.When I spin the prop in neutral(by hand)I hear a clickn noise. When I had it running it shifted in to both gears fine so I don,t know if it,s a problem or not. Another thing Ive noticed is the trim switch on the throttle sometimes works fine other times it wont trim down unless I play around with it same with the trim switch on the front of the boat it will trim up but doesn,t always trim down.Don,t know if it,s the switches or the trim unit.I,m new to this bass boat world always fished from a scanoe with a trollin motor. I wanna try and get it in the water before the end of the season ,then do some cosmetic stuff over the winter.Appreciate any help.....

Welcome to the site. There is a ton of knowledge here and everyone is willing to help out with any questions you may have. I don't know much about your particular boat but I know some on here do. Good Luck!!:D

Just a guess, but Id start with electrical connections at the switch and then at the hydraulics by the motor.

Thanks Chris and Ken,I was gonna start with the switches I just wanted to see if anyone had similar problems....

Welcome aboard and try the switch on the engine also. But setting for some time, I would check all connections

BF

Latest posts

Back