New to me 1999 205 SF Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the site. I just pruchased a 1999 Nitro 205 SF with a 200 V6 EFI and want to know what I need to do before cranking this thing up. It has not been in water in two years. I have alot of questions on this boat but I will start off with this one and build from here. Not alot of experience with a boat of this caliber. Only had aluminum boats in the past. Thank in advance for any help.

I would be hesitant to "crank her up" without hav ing it serviced by a mechanic.... Water pump...fuel lines...plugs.... Then it may not have been fogged when it was stored and could be some rust in the cylinders... power trim and grease fittings.... I can just think of a ton of small issues,,, One good service by a mechanic and you will have a lot of peace of mind.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the best board on the net

Thanks for the reply. I called around and can't find anyone yet that will look at an EFI yet. Motor only has 23 hours on it and was serviced a few years back when it was put up and has not been run since. Unfortunaltely, the place that serviced it is under new management and no longer touches these engines. Hope I did not get into a mess here. Boat motor and trailer in great shape with exception of seats. They are in bad shap but I picked up the boat for $500.00 so hopefully it will pay off.

"picked up the boat for $500.00" For that price if the motor is completly dead but the hull, wiring and trailer are in good shape that is still a deal! Agree with the other guys, you need a licensed mechanic to go through her first, then hopefully get on the water!

Welcome!

Trep

Have been lucky enough to own a 2000 205 FS for the last four years,It also has a 200 efi and it Has been the perfect boat for me and my family.Do local bass tournments,take the kids tubbing and water skiing, and take it out in the harbor and catch strippers and blues. Hope you have as much fun as i have. GOOD LUCK with it

Thanks for all the replies. I have my work cut out for me on this boat but my son who just turned 11 is really excited to help out and get this thing in the water. So, if nothing else I get to spend some quality time with the family and that will make it all worth it in the end. I will have a ton of questions as this progresses and I have already found a wealth of info here. I will keep everyone updated.

If I were in your place,my first concern would be the remaining fuel in the tank,and lines,also the oil remaining in the oiltank,if you can get a qualified mech.to checkit out,he will know how to handle these concerns,will propably do compression checks,replsce the gear lube,and the water pump impeller.

Latest posts

Back