New Merc look, like it or hate it??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Saw them online and at the Nashville BPS. Personaly I hate it. Its too PLAIN. I like the red-white-blue 'rude motors, was hoping Merc would come up with something flashier this time. My '99 and my 2000 Mercs at least had the red stripes around the name.

So, everyone else??

115_Optimax.jpg

I like it....simple yet matches my boat and truck perfectly WITHOUT too much advertising like others;)

I think when your top dog, simple is better:D

I'll add that it sure beats the snot outta' that Merc/Tracker emblems that's on my 02:)

I'm with you Tee. It would look even better without the letters.Vrrrrroooommm, Vroooommmmm!!!!!

I've got 2 Nitro's in the garage right now, mine and Dan's 640. Mine is all black with the While/Red tracker/merc lettering on the cowl, Dan's has the Sivler cowl with the same stickers that are red/white/black with the Tracker/Merc lettering.

I actualy like mine better then the new ones. I'd like to see more flashy graphics other then just the words Merc, of course having a red boat, i'd love an all read motor with black letters!!

I don't hink it is new. At least the picture you provided isn't. It is the opti cowl without the word opti on it! I have the 115 opti on my TV-18 and think it is great. Too much flash takes away from the meanness!:angry:

Randy - I pulled the pic off the 2006 Merc site. Since they only sell 4 stroke, Verado and Opti's I think now in the US that is what they look like.

Sorry gang, I still don't like it, just my opinion.

You can always take your cowling of than take it to someone who does painting for motorcycles . That way you can get what ever you want on it. :cool:

I personally think that would be a cool think to do. as long as the h.p. and type (efi,opti,etc.) was in there somewhere. Probably costly though.

Mark,

I like the idea, and have thought about it, unfortunetly I don't have a "friend" thats a custom auto-type painter. I'd like it to be Red/Black to match my boat!!! I guess i'm just used to seeing all the cool color schemes from the other motor manufacturers and was hoping Merc would do something similar. It seems from above that i'm a minority, so maybe Merc did their market research and this is what the customers want.

Trep

Now that's an idea BMCD, I'd realy like my Tracker/Merc to say Nitro not Tracker!!! LOL if It doesn't say Merc!!

Trep,

I think all them sparkles have gone to your head!:D:D

You seem more preoccupied with looks now that you joined the "glass" side!:D:D

Tom

I like it. I'm not sure if I like the lines of the verados though.

mercury-4t-verado-275-3.jpg

I'm with you Bill.

Sully - I actualy like the Verado looks better!!

Simple but BOLD...I like it on glass but not really on a tin...

I like the red & black. I just can't get used to the black and white look.

I like the old and the new, I don't like the ones that say tracker, lucky mine says merc..

Looks good to me, but adding a few well placed RED/White pinstripes, might be neat.

I am not going to be getting one, regardless.

I'm with Trep, those ETec's look BAAAADDDD.

Tex

I'd rather they spend the money on performance of the outboard rather than apearance. ;)

Nothing but I'd rather have a motor that runs even better and lasted longer than one that looks purdy. Purdy is only neccessary on women IMHO;) :lol::lol:.

At first I liked the Rude look but, now it's gotten old and gaudy quickly:blink:

Personally I think the Verados were styled after a Smurf!

Latest posts

Back