New Member here

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Vallario

Reaction score
Hello folks - Just found your site. I am an avid fisherman in northern calif. area who just purchased (this Satuday) a used 2001 Pro-V15 and was looking for a site where I could discuss boat topics and maybe fishing. This is the first boat I've owned that wasn't a 30 yr old wreck and I've like to keep it in good condition and insure it is always fish ready. It came with a 2000 40hp 2-stroke ELPTO and a bow mount minn kota 43lb trolling motor. I bought 2 Scotty 1099 electric downriggers and am debating where and how to install them. Down the road I'd like to add some additional storage compartments though I'm leary of where to put them. I'm also new to outboard engines so I've got a lot to learn. I'd like to hear from anyone who would like to discuss these issues - or fishing or fly fishing.

Thanks

John

Welcome aboard. There is a wealth of knowledge and help here. Just ask away, and you will likely get a pretty good answer(s).

Tex

Welcome!:lol:

Can't help with the downriggers but, you'll get an answer I'm sure:cool:

Greg Meyer might be able to help with downriggers he has Great Lakes experience.

fatrap

Welcome! I am a 3 month old member and have found tons of info from these fine folks and alot of laughs also!:D Ask away with the questions, there is always a helpful answer close by.:rolleyes::huh:

Welcome to the site. I'm also here in northern Cal. Our numbers are increasing! Where are you located? I live in Woodland. Fish mostly bass nowdays at Clear Lake, Berryessa, and the Delta. Used to fly fish alot around here especially Upper Sac but since I got my boat, I haven't done much. Still fish for salmon in the Feather though.

NoCAL

John - Welcome. I've got the same 2000 40 hp Merc, so if you have any motor questions I might be able to help.

Trep

Welcome JohnV! Depend on me for the female perspective. :D

Speaking of B***SH**, there's Neeley!!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back