Excited to be here!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dougiemac

Hey guys, wanted to say how excited I am to join ya. I've heard a lot about your site from a mutual friend of ours, Okuma Steve. I told him I'd love to help out and jump on in head first. I'm new to boating, but an avid outdoorsman. I love fishing and I'm at the point in my marriage where the "boat talk" has started to come up. She grew up around them which is a good and bad thing. She knows both sides of the coin of owning a boat and the $$$ side is her sticking point. Hopefully I will win this one and have something on the lake by early next spring or sooner. I'm looking forward to learning from y'all and getting to know y'all better.

oh yeah, sometimes for a week then other times it'll blast for 2-3 days before it gets quiet again. I managed a pontoon boat restoration site and it even deader than here. I gave it up when my health got worse. So waiting on VA for heart surgery #14. Finally got a new doc assigned so see him in couple of weeks, maybe they'll get rolling again. I think yesterday was the first real work I did on the forum, cleaning up some OLD for sale items. Only took me 15 minutes to do. Use to manage computer certification forums some years back. Back in the days of BBS's (bulletin board systems on modems) it was all straight text, no pictures. We've come a LONG while since the early 90's.

Wow! Good ol' BBS's! I remember those days. I remember the first time I discovered a BBS. I likened it to what my Dad would've experienced when he played with a short wave transistor radio kit and picked up other voices, or even back when I was a kid and played with my grandpa's CB radio. Well hopefully we can turn it around a bit and get more chatter on here to pass our days with.

Welcome. A lot of the "old" site members have moved on to other boats and don't post anymore. The original NTOWS members were a tight group and a lot didn't make the flip to this site. I bop in to stay in touch and help some since I owned a NITRO for 12 years. I met a lot of folks off the old board, fished with a lot of them.

Thanks bro! Been trying to play catch up and chat everyone up!

Welcome. The nicest people in the world drop in here from time to time. And, like anything else, enthusiasm is contagious. So, invite your friends and the site will grow. Some of us have been around for 10-15 years.

Latest posts

Back