New Duracell Marine Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
After much debate and asking questions here and everywhere else I have decided to give the Duracell AGM batteries a try on my 170DC. They are made by East Penn manufacturing who also make other marine brands. Biggest selling point was the price compared to say a Deka whick i believe is made by East Penn too. 31 series trolling battery 166.00 and 29 series (I think it 29) cranking battery 109.00 at Sams Club. They have a 18 month free replacement warranty. I will let you guys know how I like them after I get to put them to the test.

:)

Chris, I have always had good service from my batteries especially my Duracells. The last ones, a pair, I ran for seven years. Everytime I came in I charged them immeditely. I always used an automatic charger. In the off season I charged the regularly, especially if it was more than a week between trips. I am a true believer in immediate charging. Never let them sit uncharged or even down a little. I live on the lake and sometimes I may only fish for a couple of hours but I hook up the charger as soon as I come in.

Good to hear. I have an onboard charger and plug up as soon as I get home from the water. I have been leaving it plugged in 24/7/365 and most say that is fine. I do think that I'm going to stop leaving them plugged up all the time. I would hate to have the charger go bad and ruin two new batteries. I will plug it up for one 24 hour period per week from now on and continue to do so after every trip out. :)

Latest posts

Back