NEW BOAT ADVICE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KEVIN WERHAN

Reaction score
Just got my first NEW boat, 06 TRACKER PRO GUIDE V16 50 MERC. Yeah, I know its not a big fancy boat like I would love to have, but with 2 small children, mortgage, car payments, etc., its all I could afford. Enough about that, my question for everyone is, does anyone else have, or has had, or knows somebody who has had this boat. I am looking for ideas on problems I may encounter, suggestions for prop upgrades, oh yeah, the livewell in the back of the boat does not have an aerator or pump for water so other than a cooler what good is

it? I really like how the boat rides, would have liked more hp, but that meant higher payments, more gas costs, my 25 mpg van wouldn't have pulled more weight than this. Anyways, I'm just looking for any comments on this boat. After joining this site and reading about some problems with aluminum hulls, I honestly am starting to wonder if it was a good idea or not to buy an all welded aluminum hull boat. Thanks for your comments.

Dude...you will be absolutely pleased with that rig. Yeah a 16 footer ain't a huge boat and don't have a lot of storage but, those lil' V's hold their own.

My buddys 1991 V16 with a 40 Rude is one of the toughest, smoothest riding lil' rigs you'll find. We take it to Bass Island at Erie and fish all around the islands...of course we don't go too far with that 40 and only when weather permits.

Get a bunch of Plano boxes so you can keep your rig uncluttered.

Stock props are usually pretty close from the factory on the smaller rigs...you may have to experiment for max preformance.

Don't know about the livewell without more info.

Congrats!...now get to fishin':lol:

Congrats on the new boat purchase! You'll love it I'm sure, and don't sweat the size. I fished, and caught more bass, from a 14' Jon boat for nearly 10 years before I moved into my Dad's old 17' Procraft. I just purchased my new boat, and like you I wondered if the upsizing was really necessary. Then I took it out on the water, caught some fish and all doubts were erased.

My last boat was a 14' smokercraft, it was all we could afford at the time for the same reasons you mentioned above.. All it had for a livewell control was an on/off switch and a manual fill valve. I had to remember to add water every few minutes or just let the pump run and let the water go out the overflow. I had several top 10 finishes and 1 win out of that boat. You learn to make due with what you have. Congrats on the boat and have fun with it.

Gene

Do you have an "aerated" livewell in the front? Few things I could find re: your style boat talk about a bow livewell only. That thing in back just might be a cooler or storage bin.

Congratulations. Don't worry about the size, shape, etc. Most everyone here started with something, and moved to different rides as the situation changes. Just be happy.

Two greatest day's of owning a boat.

The day you buy it.

The day you sell it.

;)

Tex

http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.featops&boat=2033

Looks like your livewell is in the front.

Can anyone tell me how the nitro service is. I just purchased a 591 Nitro on March 28th and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I own a 2003 PT Silver Anniversary Edition fully loaded with all the upgrades.But I need a larger boat. I guess I'm a little concerned about the Customer service. So if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Also the Tracker is for sale .

Lucky, good service depends on the dealer. Find a good dealer, and you are golden. Buy from a dealer who doesn't have a good service attitude, and you will suffer. Same with all brands. I've owned a number of boats over the years, and the dealer's attitude was the thing that made or broke the service quality.

Latest posts

Back