New 4.700 Software for Humminbird Units!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humminbird Greg

Reaction score
New software has been posted on the Humminbird web site this afternoon. So far I only see software for the 1157c and 1197c Si units but believe there will be more to come. Here

Thank goodness they got those Bulgarian fonts corrected. :rolleyes:

"Thank goodness they got those Bulgarian fonts corrected."

LOL at Dick! :D

While I was in a meeting late yesterday afternoon there was also posted on the Humminbird web site, the same 4.700 software update for the 718, 728, 778c and 788c units. There will be more throughout this week and possibly next week as well. So be sure to log onto the Humminbird web site and check for updates for your Humminbird unit.

Some issues with the Humminbird web site when logging in: be sure to select the "Login" button with your mouse cursor or it will take you to a search page.

Also remember to reset the menus back to the factory defaults (use the "Restore Defaults" menu) before and after you update the software.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Greg, will there be an update for the 987C and 947C? Looking for the faster chart updates.

thanks! Bill, the MadKayaker

Bill,

Unofficially I have heard that there will be for the 987 but I have not heard anything about the 947c 3D getting it. May just be that no one I spoke to has mentioned it yet. Either way it will be after the first of the year before the software for these are ready as the Engineers are hard at work on the 2010 year model stuff right now.

The 4.700 software is now available for some additional Humminbird units on the Humminbird web site. Here are listed all of the model units that now have the 4.700 software update available:

778c

788c , ci , and ci NVB models

798c Si, c NVB , ci , and ci NVB models

1157c

1197c Si

This software includes:

Support for LakeMaster chart cards.

Adds new SI sonar color palettes (for Si capable units only).

Adds new 2D sonar color palettes.

Improved GPS performance to provide higher chart update rates.

Sonar processing improved to increase trolling motor noise rejection.

New menu item for sound control.

It corrected problems with the depth offset algorithm, SD card reporting incorrect size, issue of GPS output becoming disabled in certain navigation modes, snapshot not functioning in POS mode, centering issue when changing chart orientation, problem of displayed track becoming offset from boat.

Latest posts

Back