Need help planning a trip

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Musto2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im planning a March fishing excursion form Lake George NY to destination unknown.. :D THe balmy 3 degree weather this morning got me thinking.. March is right around the corner. so I should start planning.. Im looking to go the week of the 9-16th..

I'll be driving and towing my nitro so that kind of limits the destinations. But Im looking to got a place with at least 60-70 degree temperatures and a healthy bass population.. I have fished Kerr the past two trips but am looking for some place a little warmer as last year at Kerr I was waking up to 20 degree temperatures for most of the week and the reason Im leaving NY is to get warm lol

I wouldnt really want to travel more than a 12-13 hour drive.. Anyone have any ideas.. Im think SC or Georgia, but with the drought going on Im not sure that would be smart..

Thanks in advance for any insight you could offer..

Luke

Without driving to SC or even further I'd look into maybe making a trip to South Holston Reservior in TN. It's just acroos the Va border and the smallies (which can be huge there) should be hitting very well although the temps won't be too much better than at Kerr.

Lake Guntersville AL is a great lake, beautiful setting, but not much city life around. Old Hickory in TN gets you a decent lake and Nashville area attractions (music, restaurants and good hotels). At this time the walleye will be running around Rock Island State Park (good lodging)- Center Hill Lake (1 hour east of Nashville). Dale Hollow TN gives you a shot at the next world record smallmouth . Kentucky Lake (TN and KY) has tons of huge crappie, lots of bass (sm and lm)(State Park in Paris TN is good), and the Sauger will still be available below Pickwick Dam down to Savannah. The weather can still be dicey though at this time of year. To be in the temps you are talking maybe you will have to park the boat and head to FL or South Padre TX by plane. The drought was tough around TN and AL, but the lakes are OK.

Thanks for the info.. I am doing some additional research, Right now I ve narrowed it down to both Dale Hollow and Guntersville... Guntersville is looking warmer.. :D.. Thanks again for your suggestions..

Nothing left here in Ga to fish you looking at the right place [Guntersville]Good luck on what ever you choose.

You could still fish in SC, Wylie has one ramp open, Murray is still okay Wateree is still okay and I think the entire Western watershed bordering GA is stil open, but I;m new to SC so I would do a lot more homework before. Try BassBoat Central, Try www.fishingwithrusty.com, try www.anglerschannel.com.

Also check duke energy lake levels

hope this helps.

CJL