My Problems continue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
OK everyone here is my problem/confusion? so last night i fiqured out how to removed the "rule 500G aerator pump" from my 2001 Bass Tracker PT175XT. It was a "twist off" since the upper half (the half that had a broken arm peice) was actually "threaded " into the lower (black half). now, the lower black half has 2 "arms" on it, one arm has a hose going to it already and the other one did not(the previous owner had taken 2 hoses off) I am assuming one from the "broken" arm on the upper half , and one from the "black bottom peice". I think i assumed correctly when I installed the hose coming from the "outside" of the boat (the one that sucks the water UP from the lake?) I attatched that to the lower (black) part of the pump. and I took the other hose (looks to be the one from the power nozzle located in the center/upper part of the livewell) and i connected that to the "upper" part of the new aerator pump arm. I then wired it in and it does "turn on" and i know this becasue I can hear and feel it when i turn it on. BUT nothing "seems" to be working for some reason. (let me make very clear that the boat is in my driveway on its trailer, and not in the water, so NO i cannot actually test to see if it will suck water in" BUT, I did fill the livewell (well only like 3 full sauce pans of water) and tried to use the "empty" switch on the right side near the controls. And it did nothing at all. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG? I DONT EVEN FULLY UNDERSTAND HOW THE EMPTY/AUTO "gauge type switch" works. OR what the difference in "aerator AUTO or aerator MANUEL" switch on the dash does? Sorry, this is my first bass boat. I am just trying to do things right and dont want to sink my boat lol. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks again and have a great day..:D:D

I believe that the aerator auto and aerator manual are for, and only for, adding oxygen to

the water in the livewell. They do not add or remove water from the livewell. As for the

empty/auto switch, I do not have that on my pro guide so I can not answer that one.

If thats the case, How does the Water Come into the livewell from the lake/river? thanks

If you have the pump out system you have to pull out on the nozzle to activate that feature. I have to do that in my Nitro750, and there is a sticker on the well opening. I really don't use that feature, maybe one day I will. You'd think it would work in the driveway of all was working, I'd go ahead put some water in there. However, soemthing to me does not sound right there, there shouldn't be any fittings unconnected...I wonder what you have there? It doesn't sound like this is plumbed right to me. Maybe someone with the same boat as yours can get you a picture of the correct plumbing configuration. FYI auto should be on a timer, and manual should pump all the time.

first off, thank you for your answer. i think we are getting somewhere as this is the first I have heard of this " pump out pull switch". oh and all of my connections are connected there is no "extra, unconnected hoses" that was only unconnected due to the fact that the pump didnt work, but i reconnected everything last night when I changed out the pump. So were exactly is this "lever that I have to pull to get the water to "pump out". ALSO maybe this is a issue. IN the livewell in the upper left hand side there is a "threaded hole" with nothing in it. What is that supposed to be? Thanks again ALL:D

Again, I don't know your specific setup, but there has to be a water outlet, if you pump it in , it's gotta have a way out. There should be a hole towards the top fot the water you pump in to flow out. This is how it exchanges fresh with old water. That is probably what you are referencing on the upper left. On the pumpout feature, on mine there is not a lever, it it the recirculator nozzle head itself. There is a tag under the livewell hatch lid that tells you to pull it out to activate the pump out feature, and it is referenced in the owners manual as 1 of 2 types of wells. I live in TN and we have a pretty good BPS/Tracker service center here in Hendersonville, their number is 615-264-6318. If you can't figure it out, maybe they can help you.

http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/system1.html?open_menu=1&sub_menu=1

try looking at this site for some info

My 2003 has a similar pump screwed into the top of a black housing with a wire cable attached to it. The cable runs up to the toggle arm next to the throttle. The toggle arm opens/closes the valve in the black body on the bottom of the pump. The black body has a hose to the back of the boat and then one that goes up to the drain on the livewell. when the valve is closed you can turn on the aerator pump and fill the livewell plus re-circulate the water. when you open the black valve then the livewell will drain out. If you replace the unit make sure you keep the pump at the same level as it was orignally because if you get it higher then it will not prime properly. I have replaced my pump a few times so let me know if you have any other questions.

Latest posts

Back