My fuses?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARK ROMERO

Reaction score
Last Wed. went out with my 1994 Nitro 180 FS. The speedometer on the boat was not working. 2 weeks before this it was fine. What's wrong?:huh:

If it has the pilot tube...just pull the hose off and shoot a lil' air thru the fin or a fine wire.

If it's a paddle wheel...check for debris.

Hey Marco, I have a 1993 180 FS. My speedo pickup is in the lower unit. There is a small opening on the leading edge that can easily become clogged. The only power going to the speedo itself should be for lighting. As far as fuses, mine has breakers on the rocker panel just in front of the shift box. The only other fuses I have found on the boat are: 2 30A in-line fuses for (by) the trolling motor batteries and the main 12v line going to the cranking battery which is used to power the rocker panel. As far as the speedo pickup. If you follow the black hose from the lower unit, mine has an in-line connector. I would pop that off and use canned air to blow down towards the lower unit to clear. I wouldn't use the air in the gauge direction. Hopefully yours is similiar to mine:) Good luck!

Latest posts

Back