Mounting Front Depth Finder

• Thread starter Darryl Stafford
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl Stafford

Reaction score
Trying to mount a depth Finder up front on a new Z-7 Sport. I have a black plastic panel on the bow where the trim swith is located. Has anyone mounted a small Depth Finder on this plastic cover? Is it strong enough to support a DF? Its a small unit ,X-4, and I want to be able remove it when the family wants to play.

It's a bit flexible but it will hold a smaller unit (5" or 7"). I opted for a Ram mount on the deck. That way I can take the unit off easily while I'm in the motel at night.

I just mounted one last week on my 591, Went with the RAM mount also, It's nice being able to adjust it so you can see it best in bright sun. I would be afraid of it being at the wrong angle for viewing if mounted on that panel

i would avoid putting it there. the other guys are spot on use a ram mount,attach the base on the deck to the right of your foot pedal. that way you can articulate it any direction you chose, and.... it is easy to take off and put in the storage compartment.

Back