Motor height for a 02+ PT185/90HP

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Lane

Reaction score
How high did your dealer mount your motor on the PT185?

Seems there is a difference from dealer to dealer....just curious. Mine is mounted through the 4th hole from the top and handles just fine....

LT

2nd hole from the top. Great hole shot except excessive steering torque at max trim to achieve max rpm. I currently get 5400 to 5500 rpm. Adjusting the trim tab on the motor has no effect on reducing the torque. Currently running LaserII 20"p 42mph (gps) fully loaded w/2 people.

Interesting Carl. My 21 Pitch gets about 44 to 45 running @ 5400 RPM's. What diameter is that 20 pitch?

BTW...I'll check mine but, I think it's the second hole and I have zero torque when trimmed out. I do when trimmed in and open it up without trimming.

Tee, The prop diameter on the Laser II is 13 1/4".

Hmmmmm...mine's a 13". Makes ya' wonder what it would do on topend with a 22:)

Pat ...you ever try a 22 to see what it would do? My 21 Quicksilver works great and it jumps up like now. I've heard some runnin'a 22 and gettinn' high forties:)

pmgoffjr,

Good...you sell em so you should know. You said "second hole up". That is what I have too but counted from the TOP of the mount it is the 4th hole DOWN, right? Just want to make sure the motor is mounted correctly for the boat. Never occoured to me it may not be until I got to talking with Carl...

LT

I originally had a 22" laser II on the motor but I could never get to the max rpm of 5500. The best I could get was around 5200 with the boat loaded and (2) people. That's why I now use the 20". I can get 5400 to 5500 loaded (non -alcohol loaded that is)without a problem. Most of the time there is always (2) persons in my boat. Carl

Latest posts

Back