More Computer Issues/ Help Needed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have another computer issue i am dealing with. My Dell laptop has managed to pick up a Virus. Norton has picked up this recent attack, but i am still having issues.

The Virus name is: SVCHOST.EXE. i have MalwareBites running but it has not found anything for this issue. I have done some research on line and the common answer is to purchase there software to remove this virus......

Norton has reported that this virus is located at: DEVICEHARDDISKVOLUME2WINDOWSSYETEM32SVCHOST.EXE

there is also web address assosiated with this: lj1i16bo.com

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GregD

SVCHOST.exe is not a virus. This is a Windows service that is required to launch DLL files within Windows. Could the exe be corrupt? Sure, but unlikely.

Andy

Unfortunately some malware does in fact appear as "svchost.exe". Try downloading spybot and see if that captures and cleans it. I have many times had to run numerous anti-malware products to eventually clean a system. You may also wish to does the scans in safe mode. Restart your system and as it comes up hold down the F8 key to go into safe mode with networking. (after you download and install Spybot Search and Destroy. Good luck.

Greg Meyer,

Thanks for the help. Downloaded and ran Spybot. it found three corupt files and two malware files. removed both and re-started. So far it seems to be operating better.

Time will tell.

thanks

GregD

Next, clean up your temporary files. To do that, go to Internet tools>Internet options and delete cookies, etc.. (middle of the properties page) Now, load malwarebytes, the free edition and update and run that scan. After that, update and run your anti-virus software. Finmally, defrag your system. Then do all that one more time! In Spybot, do an update and then an "immunization". Good luck!

Latest posts

Back