2001 Optimax 150 Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prater

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a couple of 2001 Optimax 150's on a 1979 Mako 25 that I have owned for a few years. The starboard motor has had an issue that I need some advice on. I have done about everything I can think of other than ship it to another island for repairs.

The problem occurred last October after the boat sat for about three months during some close hurricane encounters. After the weather settled I attempted to start the motor on the ramp with no luck. I parked the boat and was not able to get back to figure out the problem for about three weeks. The issue was fresh water in my fuel and it had corroded a lot of parts during the three weeks the boat sat. Our fuel is military MOGAS with no ethanol.

I have replaced the high and low pressure fuel pumps, rebuilt the lift pump, changed the filters, added racors, cleaned the fuel rails, cleaned the injectors in an ultrasonic cleaner, replaced torn tracker valve, replaced torn fuel diaphram, and checked the fuel pressure regulator using the port engine for testing since it was not affected by the water. I have also replaced all the spark plugs and checked the spark at aprox 1000rpm. I have ran a compression check with the highest cylinder at 130psi and the lowest at 119psi. Fuel pressure is at 90psi, air is at 80psi. Just under 600 hours on the engine.

I ran some sea foam through the fuel system and through the air pump to help with a miss the motor had after rebuilding everything. I was able to get the motor to idle but I can only get about 3300rpm's in the water. I really need a computer for diagnostics but I am not fortunate enough to have one so everything has been done with a multi-meter. Only thing not swapped or pulled are the air injectors, that's a lot of tear down that I have tried to avoid but may be the culprit.

Anybody have any advice to help with this issue? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or knowledge

Thanks
Steven

Give Todd Moore a call from www.thepelicanservices.com you may have "pinched" your tracker valve or fuel diaphragm when you replaced. not saying this is your issue, but it could be. he may be able to help diagnose and give you some help. I had a good experience with his service.

Latest posts

Back