MIXED UP LIVEWELL TIMER WIRES HELP !!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul white2

Reaction score
I BOUGHT A 2005 NX 882 JUST LIKE THE SHOWROOM !!! ALL IS SOOO FINE EXCEPT THE STUPID LIVEWELL TIMER. OK, WHEN YOU PUSH THE SWITCH DOWN TO "MANUAL" IT RUNS FINE LIKE ITS SUPP TOO. OK, AS SOON AS YOU PUSH IT UP TO "AUTO" POP GOES THE FUSE INSTANTLY. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE I COULD FIND OUT HOW THE WIREES ARE SUPP TO GO TO SEE IF THEY'RE MIXED UP. I WAS TOLD AT FIRST IT WAS EITHER THE TIMER OR SWITCH WENT BAD. I BOUGHT A NEW TIMER(40 BUCKS) AND SAME THING !!! BOUGHT A NEW SWITCH(20 BUCKS) AND STILL SAME THING. SO THERE HAS TO BE A WIRING PROBLEM OR SUMTN I GUESS. IF I ONLY HAD A DIAGRAM TO MATCH THE WIRES RIGHT. DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO MATCH THE WIRES OR KNOW HOW I CAN GET THEM BACK IN THE RIGHT PLACE. THERE'S 7 PRONGS ON THE SWITCH BACK. 3 ON 1 SIDE AND 4 ON THE OTHER. AND, HAS ANY1 EVER HAD THIS PROB B4?? I HOPE SUM1 HAS SO THEY CAN TELL ME WHASS WRONG, TIMER AND SWITCH ARE NEW BUT DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM !!! WHAT COULD BE WRONG ?????? HELP !!!!

You might want to contact the timer manufacturer. They may be able to give you the wiring diagram. Sounds like a short on a 12volt positive if its blowing the fuse. I just purchased a Mar-lan Industries timer and you can go to their website for wiring schematics, maybe you can do the same with your timer too. If you get the diagram by chance, I would check all 12 volt wires for a short and check that all ground wires read to ground. Go to marlandindustries.com and see if they have a timer like yours, it may give you an idea on how wires should be. Best of luck. :)

Latest posts

Back