MinnKota troubles

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Joyner

Reaction score
This is crazy...

About 2 wks ago I had to use my Maxxum 74 MinnKota on high speed to go across a stumpy part of a inlet, about 3/4ths the way over it quit on me, I messed with it some and got nowhere (no circut tripped or anything, 99% sure battery was fully charged before going out) then decided to clear my mind and fish for a few, after about 20 mins it started working again.. sorta. I got about 1/2 power that it had before on the same setting.. I went ahead and stopped fishing and charged up the battery once I was home, took it out last night and once again, I used it for a while then it quit, then after waiting a while it worked but at reduced power...

Anyone else have that happen or have some ideas as to what might be goign on ?

I had a similiar problem with my trolling motor. It turned out to be a boiled battery. Replaced battery and problem solved. Have you by chance checked the fluid in your battery? That's how I suspected the battery. Just a thought.

Reno

I had trouble with my MK 74 Max also btu it turned out to be in the plug, not the batteries or motor. I have the standard plug that the Nitro comes with but the male end was where the trouble was. There is a little jumper in the plug held together by 2 screws in the clear part of the plug. Those 2 screws were loose causing the motor to loose power. After tighening the screws the motor has worked perfectly ever since.It may be worth a look for you.

I have the same problem on my MK 55 Max (I believe it is a 55). With fully charged batteries it runs fine for awhile then will stop and after a few minutes it will work again but with less power. You all have given a few things to check out. Thanks

Latest posts

Back