Message for Bob B.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim clear

Reaction score
Hello Bob,

Have to lean on you again!. I have a 05 nx882 with a 150 hp merc xr6. Boat runs great and is in the mid 60's for top speed. I have the tempest 23p prop. prop is at 3 1/2 inches to pad etc. My problem: It seems that it is almost all or nothing to stay on plane without porpusing. I was wondering if I could go to a 4 blade prop for the extra power. I know i wold sacrifice a little speed but that would not be a problem. These boats seem to be very stern heavy. Tried a foil, it was a disaster lol. Took it right off and filled the holes. Any suggestions? I was going to try the smart tabs but there is alot of contours on the transom and I dont think I can get them at the right angles.

You could try transom wedges. They fit neatly between the motor and transom, and give about 5 degrees more "tuck under". It will reduce the tendency to porpoise. Other things to try...weight distribution, hi-five prop {stern lifting}.

The 4-blade prop will NOT help, as they are designed for top-end and a slightly better hole-shot. The rake configuration says..."bow lift".....;)

Latest posts

Back