Mercury Alarm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam blatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2009 Mercury 2 stroke 90 Horse. Today i was going to get on plane and a alarm was going off. If i brought the rpms down the alarm stopped, and when i brought them back up the alarm went off again. This happened about 5 out of 7 times today. As soon as the boat got on plane the alarm also stopped. Whats going on? Thanks, Sam

could be over heat alarm. Oil full? Need to have it brought in and have them put it on the computer.

fatrap

If yur a little low on oil,when you power up to plane, the oil pump will suck a little air,then you get a beep,just a thought.

If you are exceeding 6000 RPM it will cause the alarm to sound. You will not be able to run t full throttle while you trimming up your motor. You can still reach full speed without the throttle wide open. Might be your prop pitch as well not getting enough bite in the water.

I assume he is talking about prop blowout on some setups when you hammer the throttle. It will cause an over-rev situation. I have surfaced a prop in rough water and got the over rev as well.

Latest posts

Back