• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MERCURY 402 40 HP

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Lea.

Reaction score
My father in law has a 1980 basstracker. Nice little boat but the wiring on the 1980 Mercury 402 has went bad. We were looking for A 1980 MERCURY 402 that someone has blown the motor. We would like to buy it for the wiring. We are located in SW Iowa. email at [email protected]

Ed,

I have a 1998 40 hp Tracker/Force that I will be listing on Ebay in 10 days or so because I upgraded to a 90 hp for my 640LX. This is a great motor but just wasn't enough for the 640LX with a passenger and full gear aboard. It's a super clean motor.
Tracker1.jpg
Tracker2.jpg

Thanks Stan. My father in law is retired and a old mechanic. He likes to work on motors and I think he wants to do the work to rewire his and put it back in service rather than buy a new/newer motor. The motor was running fine before the wiring went to heck this summer. Insulation litterally started falling off the wires. It looks like some of the wires are aluminum and some go straight into a module. He was hoping to find one that had good wiring but the motor itself had been damaged. Thanks for the offer however.

Latest posts

Back