May have broke a small piece of plastic in gas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon woodbury

Reaction score
I was puttinG some gas in my 2012 z-7 and I think a small piece of plastic may have fell in the tank.i checked the 5gal fuel tank and around the fill port on the boat and did not see anything that looked broke or chipped.im hoping I was just seeing things but if a small piece of plastic did fall in what Will happen?thanks

Outlaw I had an older boat that had two built in aluminum gas tanks. On one tank the motor would run fine for a while a then flutter down to a stop just like it was running out of gas. Because of the high rpms the oil warning would go off too when the motor starved for gasoline. I removed the tank and found it had lots of thin particles of rusty metal. Those little flat pieces would suck up to the intake pipe and stop it up. Where did it come from? It must have come through the pump at the station or someone dropped something into the tank. Anyway it was a mess to figure out and correct. The gasoline may melt your little piece of plastic.

Thank you for the responses,I talked with multiple marinas and to my local bass pro,they all said the same that it is very unlikely for the piece to cause any trouble because of the low rate of suction on the fuel system .hopefully someone who does the same as me can read this and get the answer and not have to worry about it for a day like I did.

Latest posts

Back