looking for float To Bob B

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Sumpter

Reaction score
I know your on vacation so no hurry. I think I have a float problem on the lower carb of my 84 150 Black Max I think the # is 1374-5643A99. I have searched everywhere and they say the carb or float is no longer available. Would you have any idea where I could find a used one. It seems I have 1 cyl. That keeps acting up. It is clean and after it sits over night it runs great. When I run it for awhile it always starts flooding on the same cyl. I have had it apart a few times and its clean needle seems to work as it should. But if I take it apart right after running it seems to bee saturated. Leave it sit a day and it runs fine until its running for about 30 min?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

I have an entire 1984 150 V-6 that I'm going to part out...it's in excellent {very clean} shape other than some scuffed cylinder walls. I COULD rebuild...but it isn't worth it. Came off a Ranger 340-V. Stay tuned....;)

yes let me know I will be interested. Does me theory about the float seem possible

Do you have the plastic float or the {very} original cork?

Aside from that...it really doesn't seem as though it is the float. Test it. Take it out, and let it sit in some fuel in a container...... It should "float".

The only way your problem would be float related if you were draining your carbs at the end of the day. If it were saturated, it would stay that way until the carb is drained, the float allowed to empty, and then the process would start over again {and maybe take some time} as you described. ;)

It is the cork kind.When you get ready to part the motor out I will want to buy some of the hard to find parts like the lower carb.

Back to work...let me know what parts you might be interested in and I'll get you a figure!! ;)

Latest posts

Back