Looking For A Good Mercury Outboard Shop, Close To Chattanooga Tn.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony banks

Reaction score
Hey guys, last year I bought a Nitro 185 F/S with a Mercury 125hp 2+2 motor.
This boat hasn't been ran in a few years. I would like to get the motor tuned up. I assume the carbs are "gunk'd up" and it will need a water pump. I am looking for the best Mercury outboard mechanic in a reasonable area to Chattanooga.
We have a new Bass Pro shop in East Ridge, but I am not sure if they have mechanics trained up on older outboards, like my 125 2+2.
I really like the boat, I might consider re-powering it with a 150hp 2 stroke or 4 stroke, at a later date.
Thanks,
Mach

There is a Tracker dealer on 58 I think is called Harrison Marine. It is near Booker T State park. When I was looking at a Nitro 185 I had the mechanic there take a look at the boat. He ran a compression check and fixed a couple of battery issues. He spent about an hour with me and refused to charge me anything. I tried to pay him twice and he still refused. He just wanted me to get a quality boat. He came highly recommended from M&M in Lenoir City.

You are welcome. When I finally found my 2005 Nitro 189 I took it to M&M to go over the motor. I got the same awesome service there. Loretta is the GM and Ben is the mechanic at M&M. At some point they were associated with each other and recommend them highly.

Latest posts

Back