Line Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Schram

Reaction score
I use Berkley Vanish fluorocarbon line and have been real happy with it, it has a good feel and strength. My question is how does this compaired this to P-line floroclear or to the Yo-zuri hybrid line that is not 100 percent fluorocarbon. I just purchased a spool of the XPS and I'm going to give it a try. Has anyone used the Berkley and compaired it to one of the others?

I tried the P-Line Flouroclear last season in 6 and 10 pound test and was very happy with it. Might be a tad bit more sensative than standard mono and its abrasion resistence was OK though you do have to keep an eye on it. The P-Line Flouroclear is a copolymer line, not a true flurocarbon. The one thing I do not like about it is when used on a spinning reel and you set the hook on a fish, the line seems to dig into itself. Really notice it on the next cast as the line stops at the point where you set the hook. Being that I fish some very clear water in CT though and this stuff does become very difficult to see, I guess I'll live with it.

I put some Vanish on my Spinning reel last year. Did real well with it but as far as my baitcasting reel's, I like that XPS.. Tough and sensative and great knot strength. All my baitcasters have it on except for my two Topwater setup's. Then I stay with with XT.

Max

Tried the Vanish and the Yozuri line. Didn't like either, but if I had to pick one, I would go with the Berkley. It's the only Berkley product I don't care for. Could just be my lack of knowledge on it too, since I haven't used it much. I do know Buzz had some line last year that I think was a flurocarbon and it was awesome.

I've been using the P-line moss green in 8 lb test now for the last three years, I really like it on my spincast reels. I use it for skippin tubes and senkos under docks and trees. I've pulled bass over 5 lbs out from under docks and over limbs with it. I use 17 lb p-line for flippin though I'm really partial to 17 lb stren super limp when flippin in heavy weeds.

I'm curious.....

I could swear that I heard someone say on one of the Saturday morning fishing shows that bass' eyes couldn't detect anything thinner than a dime - so that fishing for them didn't really require fluorocarbon.....

Anyone else hear that?

me!

If that were the case Me!, then how in the world would they be able to guard their fry?

Mini

Sorry I read it smaller than a dime....

I have never heard this....

Mini

I have used P-line Flourclear 14lb test on baitcasters

and love it .Very,Very,Strong.The Suffix 8 & 10lb test

is what use on spinning reels.I have used it for about

3 years with no breaks.The only time have ever had line twist has been my fault.Not rigging the Trick Worm

straight.

I use p-line cxx and flouroclear for just about everything... they make 1 heck of a line...

Just picked up some of the NEW Spiderwire Supermono EZ...seems great! Wrapped it around both hands and checked the stretch (very limited). Checked abrasion resistance(very good). And this stuff seemed to have virtually no memory. Of course time will tell after it's been on the spool a while. It's also supposed to be 25% stronger. I only tested 6 lb. test but, will also get some 8 lb. The only drawback I see is it's only a 220 yd. spool. What's with that? It is also fluorescent...

I've always been a big fan of the 8 lb. Supermono in the clear..I fish a lot of clear water and it seems really strong and tuff. It maybe has a little more memory than I would like but, just re-spool every so often.

TEE

Latest posts

Back