'Lil Hustler

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with these baits? They are in NH and primarily focus on spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. Some tubes also. We are thinking of picking them up as we don't have a spinnerbait line. I have heard of them, and what I've heard has been good up to now. Any of you folks throw them? How's the quality?

Would you recommend them to a friend?

Are you willing to pay say $1 more for one at a tackle shop vs a Terminator at Wal-Mart?

Personally, I could do without a spinnerbait line entirely. That's only because EVERYONE and their grandma is making one now. You go into the average tackle shop and they have everything from $1.99 el cheapos to $9.99 custom 4 bladers. Not a lot of room to sneak a new line in unless people are asking for them, or unless it's a new store.

So what's the skinny?

Tox,

We already have 'Lil Hustler approaching us to carry the line. I just want to know what everyone thinks of them. But thanks though. If things don't pan out, maybe I'll get in touch with them.

I have been using thes spinnerbaits for a couple of years, and they hold up very well. (except for large toothy critters). I have also used the tubes, but an not as impressed with those, I compare them to Rite Boite of Mizmo.

Bill

They used to be made and sold in Oklahoma. The company was sold to a guy who now works at an Academy in OKC. He bankrupted the company a few years ago. The bank then tried to sell it to Red River Tackle and Hart in Oklahoma. They both didn't want it so a place in NH took it over.

I had a couple of their baits. They seemed ok.

BJ

They use excellent components Rob,...no question there. I think the wire used in the spinnerbait arms may be a little too thin for those brute smallies up here,..I'm wondering how well they'll hold up to several 3-4lbrs!! But some people like that!! (More vibration),....I'll throw one around this weekend and see how they hold up. The canine "stand-up" jigs and the "brush puppy" jigs on the other hand are excellent!! Those badboys are going straight into the "tourney" box!!

Mac

I checked their website and didn't see any jigs. I was kind of hoping they had some. Our jig company is slacking and we might be switching. I had hoped these guys made one. When did you get 'em Mac?

Latest posts

Back