Lake gaston

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARY HICKS

Reaction score
Going down to Lake gaston from 5/8 - 5/11

staying at Americamp it is on upper lake never fished at Gaston

can someone give me some tips where to go what to throw

bass mainley crappie or stripers too

Hi Gary,

Thats always been a rough lake for me. I had limited success for BASS. The Bass I did catch, came from wightless senkos/trick worms off of docks. You can also try drop shotting around the rip rap found on all the over passes. Im sure there are some good spots, I just dont have any.

I have heard that there are plenty of Bass up by the dam. There is a split up there, one side is very shallow with stump fields and one deep. The shallow side should be good this time of year.

Never fished for Crappie or Stripers there.

Mark

I also checked for tournys that weekend and it looks like there are no major VA tournys there. Might be some locals but thats ok.

Fished there a number of times. Tough place for me also. I fished 1 FLW tournament. Watched the guy in the front of the boat catch some fish but none for me. We fished the docks closest to channel swings and he was pitching a jig way up under them, I guess a senko would also work. We also Carolina rigged some of the old roads and bridges from when they filled the lake. Pea Hill and Lizard I believe were the names of the creeks, they are east of Americamps.

Good Luck

Bill Kyte

Latest posts

Back