Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Hayes

Reaction score
Anyone know how Lake Anna fishing is right now? I may come up this week or weekend and try some largemouth fishing. It will be the first time on the Lake for me.

Bite was tough on the hot side last weekend. Got a few smaller ones, but they were definitely in deeper water. Temps near dike 2 were 90+ and near dike 3 about 87+. Didn't go out on the cold side - just too many jet fleas and weekend boaters. Regardless, reports on the cold side are that they fish are there from the splits on down to dike 3. Go early early in the morning to avoid summer boat traffic.

Thanks for the info sounds like I should just keep fishing at my private neighborhood lake and swinging them 4-6lbs all day.

Shoot Tom, if you're swinging in 4 to 6 lb'rs all day, I'LL swing over to visit :D:D

Nice fish!! If I had those in my backyard I wouldn't venture far either!! But I know how you feel about getting to "other" water. I am going to Anna before I get shipped out again next week. I need to run the boat AND stick some fish!!

TOXIC

toxic,

skip anna and come to the river. we have been swinging frog fish the last 2 weeks, 50 plus fish a day on the frog is normal.

mike c

Hey Mike - does that invite include river newbies? :D

first you have to buy some braid and a frog jim, then you will fit right in.

mike c

Got the braid! Started using some and got to liking it with about a 3 foot leader of mono. Now for the frogs . . .

I can help with that!!:lol: My man cave looks like a terrarium with all the "frogs". Mike you and I both know while YOU may be pulling 50 a day out of the grass, the average joe wouldn't fare as well. It's the "spot on a spot" thing in the river. At least at the lake I have a fighting chance and I know most of their hideouts!! I will probably take tomorrow off and just go plunking......that's when I usually catch a hawg!!

TOXIC

He's singing the praises of the Potomac. Smallwood launch in MD, right in Mattawoman or Leesylvaina on the VA side straight across from Mattawoman.

TOXIC

Remember if using a frog (or any other bait in heavy weeds) with braid AND a leader....you will lose the cutting power of braid on the grass. The leader will wrap up just like a full spool of mono.

I never reccomend a leader when fishing heavy grass. You might as well just use mono.

Thanks guys. Been using the mono leader at Lake Anna. I've noticed that on straight braid, the fish seem to be more hesitant or simply bite less! I'll definitely take the leader off the braid when hitting the river.

Latest posts

Back