Kentucky Lake Rally 2004?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
It's September.....

If we are going to have a Rally in 2004.....

We'd better get a location set soon.

I'll offer again to set one up at Kentucky Lake in mid-April.

You all tell me..........

September is definitely out of the question for me..I do accounting and Sept. is close-out....any other time will work...

TEE

Kentucky....September.....hooooo digitty!!!!

As long as the folks at the Moore's said "Ya'll come back now you hear".

That gives me exactly 12 months to get to permission, save vacation time and round up some funds.

SWEET!!

I think me! should have said:

It IS september.

IF we want a rally in 2004, we need to start planning now.

And he volunteered to set up one at KY Lake IN mid APRIL. (not September).

I'm there, reguardless. And I really will be this time.

If it's in September, 2004 I think I could finnagle time to go. If it's in April, I'm out because of work and our annual crappie trip to Lake of the Ozarks.

OK me! Set it the weekend of Sept 11th (one week after memorial day, and then I can tell Beka that it's my Birthday present from the Board and i HAVE TO GO!!!

Has everyone (except SimNitro and myself) forgotten how to read today?????

APRIL - NOT September!

Going to attempt to make it next year. Count me in. Drove right by it on the way to IL last year to deliver the boat. Would love to Rally there. Trep - you drive up to Chatanoga (however it's spelled), and I'll do a drive by and pick you up.

Tex

Tex

I know how to read but, the first word is September and ME made it sound like he'll follow-up in April...I can try but, that's the same time I make my annual trip to DH...oh well.

TEE

Well, Tee...

Why dont we offer up the holler for the Rally...as an alternate to Ky lake...Both lakes are good....

Show these boys a "real" Smallie lake!

Good one Simmy...I hate to say it...I've fished both and like K&B but, you and I know...THERE'S NO COMPARISON! I still think a 5 lb. smally would drown a 8 lb. largemouth!

TEE

OOPS!! My bad, I thought he was announcing the date of the 04 Rally.

April is good too. The water in MI is still hard in April so It'll be good to get a jump on the season.

Good catch Tex.

April is good for me but gotta check the spring break calender first. Just don't schedule it during Passover (gotta find that out too) otherwise i'll not beable to drink beer!

Trep,

You just worry about the brewing. The rest of us can take care of the drinking.

I though this year was going to happen at the "home of the site" in Atlanta ?!?!?!

Pierre

Well,

Here's my two cents... 1) Ask anybody there... the 2003 Rally at the Moore's was as good as it gets... And, it was well organized. 2) "Me" did a great job and has volunteered again... So, I am in favor of that. 3) No one place can ever satisfy everybody...But, geographically Kentucky Lake is pretty good... Gross made it from Minnesota and Ken Neeley made it from Detroit.

Any party that I can make... I will... so, count me in and I hope I don't have a Walleye Tournament conflict...my partner will miss me!!!

Count Cathy and I in. We're livin' in AL now, but will still need to travel back up to Ky to check on family. Not my fault that some kind of RALLY is goin' on at the same time. LOL

Bruce

I would certainly make that trip again....shoot for late April though to better hit the spawners.

--Corey

I'll do everyting possable to make it this time. Quite a long haul from Oklahoma but if Rob can make it from NY with his pink thong and OU ballcap I should be able to as well.

Harpo

It's done!

April 17th and 18th

Kentucky Lake

The Moors Resort

Open to ALL participants on this board regardless of boat make!

Family Participation Encouraged!

(Maybe we can get Greg to set up the kids tournament again!)

Shirley will be holding 22 rooms in the lodge and 8 cabins for us.

Deposits will be sent/called directly to Shirley.

Pricing to be announced.

Dinner Saturday evening will be in the Great Room at the Lodge.

Amanda no longer works there!

Catering will bring in bar-b-que!

Any questions, comments, suggestions - please contact me!

This is gonna be FUN!!

me!

a.k.a.

Staci Matheis

303 Village Drive

Glen Carbon, IL 62034

618-288-5041

[email protected]

Consider it done... I'd be happy to take care of the kids tourney... Same style as last year... Any specie it/state record for "it" X100 is "points"... Highest Points wins...

I'll be gathering names and numbers way in advance...

You are right... We will have a great time again...

I just can't believe Shirley is allowing us to return!!!LOL

And, I for one will miss not having Amanda... Amanda's IQ/ 1 = about 15-20... LOvely personality and completely "blonde" (MY NEED TO IDENTIFY THE CIRCUMSTANCES HAS RESULTED IN MY NEED TO SAY ANY RESEMBLANCE OF THE FOREGOING TO ANY REAL BLONDE LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL)

You know.....

She really was a very sweet yound lady.....

Maybe.....

"By demand".....

Just maybe..........

The Moors might be willing to have her back for a "one night return engagement"!

April sounds good to me , Me . Kentucky lake is a great body of water, but and at the risk of sounding petty the way the awards or prizes are given out needs to be modified somewhat.One person or couple should not be allowed to take home everything! Never to be heard of again.

You are absolutely right, Mark.

I had thought that using the serial #'s on dollar bills would be as effective as tickets and a bit more fun - but it wasn't.

Maybe we'll set it up so that there is a limit of one prize per person.....

We'll use real raffle tickets this time.....

I'll also start sooner to get more corporate donations.....

And we should have more people there, too, to lessen the odds.....

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

There ARE advantages to doing something a second time after you've learned from your mistakes the first time!

Maybe we could do a white elephant sale . Were everybody brings something between a certain value (fishing/boating related) usually a gag and exchanges them or draws for one or whatever as long as everybody gets something other than what they gave. and it should be wrapped. or everyone bring x number of the same thing at a dollar a piece or so. ( x= number of board members attending) couples count as one. Gag gifts can be alot of fun. just a suggestion Me. You can tweek it however.

Thanks Mark

I got a better idea, Mark.....

If you're going to be able to attend again.....

How about we put you in charge of the White Elephant!??!

I will definatly shoot for this one!!!!

If anyone from P.A area wants to convoy it,Let me know.

Steve

This sounds fun, start of the peak greenhouse season for us, so I guess the Mrs. wont be able to make it...boy this is gonna cost me. Anyone else from the Springfield, MO area gonna try and make it?

Bill

Steve,

Still a little too early to call for me, but we may be able to meet for the drive.

Rich D

September would have been a better time for me too outside of June.

I'll keep the board going while you guys do the fishing in April. Have fun...

I'll still try to get away, I haven't given up yet.

Latest posts

Back