Jeanne caught the big bass today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
We were fishing some coves in Paynes Creek on Lake Hartwell today, and Jeanne was getting bit left and right. She hooked a good sized largemouth on a medium setup with 8 lb. line. A good fight and she did a great job landing the fish. The fish was 20" long. Scale said 3.5 lbs, but I don't think the scale was right. The fish looked like a 5 pounder. Sadly, no camera on hand, but it was great fun to see her get that fish. She managed a total of five bass in a couple of hours, and we didn't cover very much water. The spawn has begun.

Me? One dink, which I let Zachary land. It was worth it just to see him enjoy the fight.

The carp are spawning in our cove, and they are huge, noisy, and tough to catch!

Now that sounds like a fun time,Rich!

they're talkin possible snow here this Sun or Mon,arrgh... egMike

Rich - Sounds like Jeanne is doing her usual best!!! Sounds like a great day, the weather was touchy here this morning, rain on-off till about 2pm, how was it up on Hartwell?

Rich,

Tell Jeanne "nice fish" for me. 3 1/2 pounds is about right for a 20" LM if it was a buck bass. If it was a fat female and spawning, probably 4+ pounds. I only caught one skinny buck bass today at the end of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Bob G.

Carp are easy to catch, Rich! You just gotta know the trick..... Wheaties!

Get a big handful of Wheaties and cruch it down..... Put it in the water and get it soaked and doughy..... Let it sit out for a while so that it sets up..... Pack it around a treble hook on the end of a line with no sinker and cast it out into your cove..... Don't set the bail on the line because you want the carp to be able to run with it until you can set the hook..... DON'T leave the rod unattended or more than an easy reach away! DO get ready for one heck of a lot of a fight!

Oh, yeah..... Jeanne, you go, Girl!!

me!

Tell your bride great job from me! The water's up on Hartwell and the fishing is awesome!! I fished a tourney out of Fair Play three weekends ago and took third. We lost two toads in the back of Eastanolle that either fish would have easily put us in first. (The places were split by ounces.) Won just enough to cover my prop after hitting a dead-head subfloater way up the Tugaloo. (Poetic Irony! LOL!!) That lake is a wonderful fishery. Enjoy!!

Carp bait... wheaties and big red soda. Don't let it sit, as it'll harden up like a rock. Now, this is second-hand info, but I hear it sworn by regularly down here.

Latest posts

Back