jacking boat trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

this may seem like a dumb question but: When you go to jack up your dual axle trailer with a common floor jack should the jack be placed

1.on the frame at the front of the tires

2.on the frame at the rear of the tires

3.on the axle near the tires being jacked

4. or where

Brantley

Under the axle is best. But I have a single axle trailer. My car trailer,I jack up one side at a time by jacking from the center spring mount.

BF

Dual axle trailers are a pain to raise because of the way the axles are "connected". My best success has been with two jacks or one jack and a jackstand.

However, the easiest thing to try first (and you should try this as practice) id to drve the good tire up onto a 2X6 and it "Should" give you enough clearance to change the flat tire. You have to ry it and then plan accordigly (if it works orif it doesn't). Also, a company sells a thing called the Trailer Aid... Much better than the board(s).
http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TRAILER-AID

Greg,

As much work as I have done on cars and boats I never thought of something as simple as driving up on a board. Thanks for the tip

Brantley

Latest posts

Back