Illinois Members and others close by...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Welll, Sunday I drove home to Elgin (near Chicago) from Cabondale... Passed over Rend Lake... There is open water!!! SO, I got to thinking about getting a few Illinois (and others close by) folks together as early as possible (break this cabin fever)... MArch/April... Rend Lake???

Greg,

Sounds like a good idea, thought its always been a tough springtime lake as long as I can remember. Would be great for me to get down there a month ahead of one of my BFL tournys though... Theres a couple spots way up the lake that i need to look at. I'll be at Dale Hollow from March 17th thru the 20th, and might be busy on the 10th of April. But if theres a chance, you can count me in!!!

Mike

You say when and I'll be there!

If someone has some extra room in their boat for me!

What is Shelbyville and it's musky population like that time of year?

Anybody else... Post your desire to be "in" and also any conflicts... We'll try to work this out... Shelbyville or Rend... There are lots of places to stay and lots of things to do off the water in both places...

Count me in...my only conflicts are right in line with Mikes. The LaSalle cooling lake opener which I believe is March 19th this year and April 9th my son's B-day. Other than that I can make it happen.

-Corey

Corey...

How about Shelbyville... The Shelby Inn would give us a discount and that "Buffet Joint" downtown has that private room that we could use for "free"...

I've been on that lake! Several years ago when I sold my Targa, I met the buyer at Rend Lake. We did the test drive there, exchanged boat for money, and went on our way.

That day, the wind was 30-35mph +. Great day to test out the big-water capabilities of the Targa.

Tex

I would be open to either lake....I know Shelbyville a lot better though and it is closer to me so for selfish reasons alone I would prefer Shelbyville but would be open to Rend just as well. Rend would probably be a few degrees warmer than Shelbyville early in the season.

TT -

You want to make the drive again so we can all meet you? Maybe pick up Trepper along the way so he can defend his "King Tin" title!

me!

Staci,

Man, that was a long trip. 845 miles, one way. It turned out, that the buyer, drove virtually the same distance. It was almost exactly mid-way, at the boat ramp.

Tex

I could be dragged out for a day o' fishin -- not that you would be doing much dragging ;-)

David

Okay... If there are any weekends in that March/April stretch that you can't make post it and we'll sort through for choices for the most participants (we've got MAT and Corey covered)

I'm wide open, Greg. I MAY be going to Vegas in March, but it would likely be during the week.

TJ

Ps-s-st..... Greg.....

Just pick a weekend yourself and.....

Git 'er Done!

Okay...

How does March 26th and 27th look like for dates...???

And, It seems that Shelbyville is "better" from a distance for everybody...

Comments appreciated...

I am considering setting up a group dinner Friday night and hiring (cost of about $150 to split) a guide to come in and give us a presentation on the Lake...

Dates look good to me - but then you know how easy I am!

As far as the presentation..... There would have to be quite a few of us to make that cost worthwhile..... Maybe we can just have you and MAT do it! We can all pitch in to buy you each a couple of beers!

Greg,

I just noticed that's Easter weekend. It doesn't make a difference to me, but maybe to others? I'll stay tuned.....

TJ

Okay... April 2 & 3.... I feel like Mel Brooks trying to schedule a battle with Custer!

Well..... That 4 of us..... It's a ways off, but maybe we can talk Neeley into coming down if he's free then!

Not too far for JR either..... Or Donnie..... Or Hutch.....

MAT

Greg

Staci

Corey

TJ

And possibles..

Dave

?

Hey, Greg! Did you read George's profile? Like you, he's a retired cop!

Did the word "cop" come from something else?

Is it an abbreviation for something?

Came from Peele's "Coppers" in London.. "dictionaries derive it from "to cop" (first attested meaning "to grab" in 1704 and meaning "to arrest" in 1844)"

Well, got home today and opened my mail.. Damn cousin of mine decided to get hitched and the wedding is on the 2nd of April... So I'm screwed, i keep tellin all my buddies......Marraige sucks LOL

Mike
http://

Hey MAT...

There is already a "second" Illinois get together in the works for summer (June/July) on Lake Springfield... Just don't feel left out... We will definitely defame you in your absence!!!

Latest posts

Back