I Guess this is a "political" post... so read at your own risk.

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_h
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
I posted the "funny" about Hillary, and did not want that to be a political statement. Now, I find myself almost trapped into starting a political thread. And, a very sensitive and explosive one... Up front, it is the issue of Senatr Obama, and the Rev. Wright.

One ot the problems I have with politicians is not "flip-floppng"... People can and do change their opinions over time. I would hope that any good Senator, Congressman, Governor, President, all te way down to City Councilmen, etc. are wise enough to change their minds if they can see that they were wrong. But, I have a problem with "spin" that becomes so far removed from the facts that the spin becomes a lie.

This morning I found a link (a read political websites) to a story that seems to state that Senator Obama is "lying" when he states he was unaware of Rev. Wright's

"over the top" rhetoric.

That article is linked below.

It is for each of you to determine the impact of this article. But, for me, I have fears of any politician who would go so far as to look m in the eye on TV and try to lie to me to get elected (I accept that sometimes we are lied to for well intentioned National Security reasons to create "misinformation", protect inteligence sources, etc.)

I am saddened by the fact that this seems to be over a matter of racial conflict. Something I sincerely wish we were long past experiencing. But, whatever the context, I do not like political gamesmanship that crosses the line to deception. Stand up and say what you believe and stand for...let the American voter decide.

It's why we all feel that Bill is less than he was... "I did not have.... with that woman"... Yeah, right Bill and the check is in the mail. I had hoped that although I strongly opposed Sen. Obama's political vision for America I had thought that he had some integrity. Now, I see him laughing at us just like Bill... thinking that "they" (the AMerican People) will believe anything if I say it with style and emotion.
http://newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_hat e_America_sermon/2008/03/16/80870.html?s=al&promo_code=9991-1

Greg I've said this before. I hold a universal distrust and disgust for politicans. They're first priorty is to serve themselves, the second is to get re-elected so they can do more of the first. Whatever lies, cheating they have to do to accomplish both is done with the belief they are above us mere mortals. A lie from them is not really a lie.

If a crumb from they're fat meal born at the expense of the taxpayer falls on the plate of the little guy they squawk to the media about how good a job they're doing. I'd love to see Term Limits. I'd love to see politicians actually live in the state they represent.:angry:

fatrap

I think Barrack got his head handed to him by the reverend. I can't see him surviving this. I went to the website, and anyone going to that church HAS to understand that this is like no church I've been to. Here is a link to the church's site, decide for yourself.

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

I've never heard such things come out of any preachers mouth in my life!:eek:

The ENTIRE Democratic Party is being made a mockery of, by these two candidates...AND,..when the lunatic fringe like that Reverend speak out in public...it only makes my point more valid!!

Carry on,.....

Somebody really does have a crazy uncle if that guy has a niece or a nephew..