I finally did it!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I finally found a contractor I liked, and I expanded one of my 8 foot garages door to 9 feet. He did a great job and you can't even tell unless you really look at it. This increased the width from 96" to 108". This opened my possibilities to get a bigger boat/motor. I am still limited length wise so nothing over about 19' with a swing tongue will fit.

I found a used 2007 Ranger 188 with a Yamaha HPDI 175hp in North Carolina with 65 hours on the motor. I paid to have a dealer there do a compression check and I met him near my brothers house and test drove it. Not a scratch on it and I talked him down to a very good price.

I looked at the Z118's and they are almost identical. Only big difference is you can hang a 200hp on the back of the Z's. I couldn't justify spending 18-20k more for a new one.

I've had the Ranger for several weeks now and I really like it. It rides very smooth and goes as fast as I need it to. Havent installed the GPS yet but the speedo reaches 65mph pretty easy. So, if I want to fish the new women's tour next year as a boater, I have a boat that I feel can handle it.

ranger188.jpg

garage.jpg

Way to go Teri, nice looking boat & you will like the Yamaha. Best of luck as a boater next year.:wacko:

Nice boat... And, the garage change is really nice looking...

Teri - Well that answers where the Triton 18 explorer went!! Now thats a Proper Pro boat, Ms Pro fisherwoman!! SWEET!

Well I like It..........I tried to get you Into one years ago...You will really like the ranger,,,You will notice alot of difference.

I hope to stop by this next year and visit,,I plan on moving south and coming thru there, I have family close by.....I will be looking at some stuff to send you this winter,

Busy driving my mustang.( I love It ) You keep all of us Informed on the boat and update the ride and speed and comfort..It's a PRETTY BOAT T...P.S. Benn out looking at new trucks cosidering a GMC..HA HA HA You got me Into this swapping stuff Teri..:D

JR

Good lookin rig TC, Gonna drag it up to MI for toadapooloza? That will give you a chance to practice on some different water!! Get to work on securing a wrap and seal the deal!!

TOXIC

Good looking boat:), I'm glad you finally got the garage fixed, you've been wanting that since you moved in. That's plenty of boat to fish anything you want to.

Whatever, Berry! I am still waiting to be invited again!!!

I will never forget my roots....14 foot Smokercraft with 15hp tiller steer motor. Best boat I've ever owned.

Best boat I ever had was a 12 foot alum with a 5 hp..I really did catch more fish but It was hell to pee out of..HEEE

Teri, you are singlehandedly keeping the economy from collapsing. :)

Very nice boat. Hope you catch a lot of fish from it!

Latest posts

Back