Humminbird XTM 9 20 T installation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam blatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am planning on purchasing the hummingbird XTM 9 20 T transducer for my trolling motor. I would really like to install it myself and save alittle money. I have a humminbird 597 di. It has the tilt and swivel quick disconnect mounting system. How easy is it to connect the new transducer cable to the mounting bracket? Is it just a quick connection or will there be splicing wires involved? Thanks for the help. You guys are the best for any questions.

The mounting bracket should have a slot for the end of the transducer cable. Typically, you remove two screws holding cover, take off the "keeper", install cable, replace keeper and cover, and replace screws; no splicing.

I recommend a TransdurSheild (or similar product) to protect the transducer once it's mounted on the TM.

Search youtube for Doug Vahlrenberg; he has a bunch of videos on "how to".

Sblatt,

If this is a 597ci HD DI model unit than using the XTM-9-20-T transducer with will result in internal electrical damage to that unit. You should only use a

Thanks for the info Greg. That would have really sucked if I damaged the unit. I will install the XNT-9-DI-T then. Is it easy to install to the quick release base? Just a matter of unplugging the old cable and plugging in the new one? Is there a plug on the cable that comes with the XNT-9-DI-T?

Also Greg, do they just sell the mounting bracket for the XNT-9-DI-T? I already have that transducer. The bracket just broke, and I really don't want to buy a whole new transducer? Thanks again for your help.

Yes it is easy to install the transducer connector into the quick release base. Just like JSkid said: two screws, remove the metal and plastic parts that hold all the cables in place, remove the metal backplate, swap out the cables and reinstall everything.

Yes we sell just the mounting hardware. For a trolling motor install all you will need is the AD-XTM-9 trolling motor adapter bracket.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back