How many of you have Save Phace Mask?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I have been looking for two weeks for some sort of face goggles for driving on cold days. Hadn't been able to find anything so I bought a Save Phace today. They are a little too much on the wild side for me but I am tired flapping cheeks and a cold head bauld head when I am running. How about it, am I the only one that will look stupid running down the lake with a red mask on?

I have two of them and have had them for several years. I use mine year round. In the summer they are great in the rain and to keep bugs from zapping you.

Once you use it in the cold you will never be without one again. It protects your entire face and your ears.

Mine are plain black 'cause I am not into that fancy stuff but I must admit they look pretty cool.

I use my paintball mask which does the job great. The little holes inthe mask dont seem to bother me. Heaps cheaper than the real deal and look much the same.

I prefer a motorcycle helmet, keeps the entire head warm and dry.

HP

I have 2 of the Save Phace/Fish Hedz masks (had 1 and then Eli stole it when it was cold/rain so had to get another one. I have had no issues running 50 on my boat, 60+ in others, in very cold/wet. U use a hoodie jacket (red head) that I put over my head with the fish Hedz. I have the Red with flame job, and a plane Red one too. Keep an eye on BPS they usualy have a $10 off sale a few times a year on them. First one my wife bought me for my 40th birthday as I didn't want to spend the $50, but after having it, was a easy decision when ELi kept taking mine when we were together. And when you fish from someone else's boat, its smaller then a motorcycle helmet to store.

I bought a basic black one the end of this season and don't know how I did without it in the cold/rain. Looks stupid, but effective and worth it.

Velcro you need to put cool stickers on it! I made a ramp for my son this year to ride his bike, skate board etc. off of. It wasn't cool enough so I told him to customize it while I was at work. I came back and it was painted black, and has Oakley, Monster Drink and other art work on it. Now it is the coolest ramp in the neighborhood. So maybe some of Macs artwork would top it off. Mac there is another niche market for ya painting the masks!

Randy!

I use my old full face motorcycle helmet. Works great.

i have 2 of them, one i custom painted and the other stock, i still prefer the helmet when its raining, but they are worth it on a cold morning.

mike c

Randy,...I've already done a couple.:cool: don't want to do a bunch tho,...very labor intensive and most people don't want to pay more for the art than the mask cost!! LOL

mask1.jpg

phace1.jpg

Very nice Mac, I won't ask for one since I noticed the "don't want to do a bunch tho,...very labor intensive". But they are nice.

Mac, what did I tell ya?

How much is my commission? Ha ha!

Randy!

I have the same red mask as you. Of course I look goofy running down the lake with or without it.

For cold weather I use a full face motorcycle helmet.

I just bought a white one. A lady on the WBT let me borrow one during a tournament when it was freezing cold and pouring rain and I was so thankful to have it. I have to admit when I saw the ladies with these and motorcycle helmets, I kind of chuckled about how silly they were going to look and then I took a ride on day 1 and froze my face off along with welts from the rain at 70mph.

Mac, looks like my sponsor needs to doodle mine up a bit....:p

I tear when running.........and I am researching....alot of folks recommend a SNOW MOBILE HELMET..they even has some with built in de-froggers.....just a thought:cool::blink:

Bobski the Save Phace has slots in the cushion inside to prevent fogging. I have never had that issue with mine.:)

I just found them onsale at Amazon.com for $50, put it on your christmas list!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ATEC54

Trep, are those the same thing they sell at Bass Pro. I didn't know they were actually for paintball.

Helmet for me. I like being able to see full field while being warm and comfy, whether at 35 mph or 75 mph. :D

Teri, Save Phace must make one for paint ball also cause the one I bought says on the box "not for paint ball".

I looked at the paintball one on amazon. It looks like it has alot of slits for air to vent. I dont think I want that unless you can open or close them. Too much cold air in from the way it looks.

Teri - They make ones specifically for fishing/boating and yes sell them at basspro. Some say FishHedz and some say Save Phace, but as long as you don't get the ones specifically for paintball you are OK.

MAC - too cool! Really neat.

I've had two for about 4 years or more. They are absolutely great during cold, rain, etc. I'll also agree that very beneficial if you really have a lot of bugs.

Tex

Latest posts

Back