Hold you lockers open for $2.00

• Thread starter Marke Cicero [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
After breaking the tips off of $100 rod the very first time I took it out of my locker I've been on a quest to find a simple way to hold open my lids.

I saw Treps "spring" idea a while back so when I was at the hardware store looking for springs and hardware the clerk asked if he could help me find anything. I told him my situation and he said "If you want to hold a lid open, then used something designed to hold lids open" Duuuhhh, what a concept. He showed me some brackets made to hold open toy box lids.

It was perfect! It cost $2.19 and took 5 minutes to install. Now I can start thinking about buying a nice St. Croix :eek:)

Marke
lid%20opener.jpg

The instructions were right on the back of the package. It came with wood screws so I had to buy some #10 self taping sheet metal screws (to go into the Aluminum frame) and some 10-32 nuts and bolts to go through the lid.
lid%20instructions.jpg

Great fit for a simple product. What length screw on the lid itself?

Bear

Darnit Mark, where where you a year ago MAN!! I could have saved $30 bucks to spend on more lures!!

Great job!

Marke...I just so happen to have a brand new St. Croix I may part with...e-mail if you're interested.

Bear,

I had the 10-32's laying around the basement. I'm not sure but I think they are 3/8" or 1/2" long. I know they are NOT longer than 1/2". They are flat heads so when tightend they kind of burry themselves into the carpet. I should take another pic with the lid closed so everyone can see the screw heads in the top.

Trep I know what you mean. The springs I was looking at were about $8 each without any hardware.

Marke

Marke- where did you get those and would you be willing to grab some for me and send them to me? I'll need 8 :)

Bruce, I picked them up right at my local True Value hardware store. Any decent hardware store in your area should have them. Check it out and let me know if have trouble finding them.

Good luck,

Marke

Bump for Ron and his PT165.

Ron,

Here's the lid holder. You can also see my organizer with the golf tubes and peg board. It's crude, but effective. I'll have some made by Zarse Custom Cabinetry this winter. Right Curtis?

Marke

Ron - Also check in the Grab Bag, I did mine with the springs, a little more expensive at $16 each but another idea.

Latest posts

Back